These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M13 Terrible Hum Issue
by BretKilloran on 2011-11-22 19:37:25

Hey Guys,

I just got the M13 today and was super excited to play and played for 10 minutes before a really really loud hum was coming from the unit. Immediately I checked all my cables and everything is fine.

I tried not plugging anything into the pedal and only had to mono output going to my amp and the buzz was still there, even with nothing else plugging into the unit. I put it on true bypass mode and the noise went away.

So there's something wrong between the input and the first FX unit (since the effects still alter the buzz sound).

What could it be?

Bret

RE: M13 Terrible Hum Issue
by Line6david on 2011-11-23 11:52:52

Hi,

Ground hum issues can be hard to diagnose. Try different AC Outlets and power strips.

Does the unit hum in a different location?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: M13 Terrible Hum Issue
by BretKilloran on 2011-11-24 13:28:35

Ya. I've plugged it in everywhere. When I plug my guitar in no signal is present (the tuner doesn't even show a note).

The unit just puts out a loud hum. And not just background noise hum, the hum itself is as loud as my guitar would be.

I'm not sure what it could be because it did work once I opened it and then all of a sudden it crapped out.

I'm assuming it's a fucked connection at the converter stage because like I said, even when I don't plug anything into it it still hums loud!

Re: RE: M13 Terrible Hum Issue
by Line6Don on 2011-11-30 14:37:27

Hey BretKilloran,

If it is producing this sort of hum on all outlets and with no guitar cable plugged in, I would suggest that you have a repair tech check it out for you. There could potentially be a broken connection on an internal component that is creating this hum. To locate a Line 6 Service Center in your area, follow the link below:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.