These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

A Request for the Next POD HD Pro Update (which hopefully will be soon)
by rizzorock on 2011-11-23 10:37:35

Please, please fix this asap. Just a request for a future update.

The CC# for the footswitch assignments toggles on any data value. For effect block bypass, processors usually respond to two data ranges with 0-63 being the Bypass state and 64=127 being the Active state. An Instant Access button usually sends a Data Value of 127 when the LED is turned on and a Data Value of 0 when the LED is turned off. The POD HD Pro simply flops the state of the effect whenever there is any data activity on the assigned Control Change number.

This would be especially helpful for many folks who run other MIDI controllers. Thank you.

Re: A Request for the Next POD HD Pro Update (which hopefully will be soon)
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-23 14:03:14

Hi

You need to let the Product Development team know directly about your feedback and feature request here http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

Nick

by jimsreynolds on 2011-11-24 07:29:27

I read though the thread where you identified the weakness with the current approach - you cannot force a specific pedal state (on or off) using the current HD Midi implementation, only toggle to the other state (on or off). 

I am going to restate here what you found cause it will affect a number of people and I wanted to make clear what the problem you had was - when people come looking.

The issue in your case was that you wanted to be able to to retain reverb and delay trails when changing effects.  Patch changes (via Midi or otherwise) normally cause delays to be cut off hard. 

However, you noted that Reverb and delay trails are preserved when you stay within an HD patch but instead toggle the specific effects off.  Your workaround would have been to stay within an HD patch and instead send a set of MIDI cc's from your Midi footpedal to force a group of effects to be flipped on or off.  This would have achieved your aims.

Unfortunately the HD MIDI implementation does not appear to follow convention.  Typically a cc value of 0-63 means 'off' and 64-127 means 'on'.  However any value (0-127) sent to the HD simply flips an effect to its opposite state (on or off).  Therefore it is impossible to predict and automate the required HD effect  state using MIDI commands, within an HD Patch.

Nick is right - people shouild raise feature requests if they feel that this needs to be changed.

by rizzorock on 2011-11-24 10:23:00

Feature request sent. Thanks again Jim for all the help on the original 4CM setup. It was spot on. I will be able to make this work in the short term with hopes that a new update will make this happen. Even Voodoo Labs was shocked that these kind of CCs were not there.

by rizzorock on 2012-03-21 18:33:25

Has this ever been resolved? I ended up using a TC Electronics G-Major 2 in lieu of the POD HD Pro but would gladly switch back at any time if this were fixed. This plus the delay trails continuing between Program Changes.

by meambobbo on 2012-03-21 18:51:00

i have also added this to my wishlist page in the guide:

http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/wishlist#control

by rizzorock on 2012-08-12 08:25:17

Have any of the requests on your page ever been answered?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.