These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD Pro in the Studio
by Karl_Houseknecht on 2011-11-23 11:35:33

Had to have a little fun last night with this unit since the new firmware came out.  Took longer to make all the routings external to the unit than it did to dial in a good tone.  Will have to see if anything comes of it.

IMG_0034.jpg

Re: HD Pro in the Studio
by Apologist on 2011-11-24 05:59:48

Wish you lived near TN I'd come jam with ya =)

by Karl_Houseknecht on 2011-11-24 19:14:12

We're just a state away.  But it's a heck of a drive.

by MerlinFL on 2011-11-24 20:03:26

Just added the HD PRO to my Line 6 gear collection mainly for my live performances.  I'm going to post a question to ask if both the HD500 and the HD PRO can be linked together other than simple MIDI or S/PDIF type connections. 

I'm having a blast with mine after installing all the new updates and my HD500 bundles and Set Lists. 

Even though they use different "extensions" it did work when I selected "All Files" in the PRO EDIT menu.  Just in case anyone needs or wants that bit of info.

I'm in Central Florida...any jammers heading my way??? 

I host two open jam nights but would LOVE to play songs other than the same "crap" I've been playing for years in this part of the USA. ANd no it's not all country here either, but I am really getting tired of Southern Rock, NEW Country, CCR, ZZ Top, and Allman Bros. 

Don't get me wrong - I DO like all these bands and styles of music, but playing them every week is really wearing me out.  Why doesn't anyone want to jam out on some Kansas, Rush, Living Colour, Mother's Finest, Zeppelin (other than Rock & Roll), Dream Theater, Yes, and the list continues from soft stuff like the Eagles and America to heavy stuff like Anthrax and Megadeth.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!!

Take care,

Neal

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-24 23:26:54

Hi Neal

Glad you're enjoying the POD HD Pro and the new update.

In answer to your question about linking the POD HD500 and POD HD Pro together, there's a number of ways starting with simple independently controlled units running using the same input source to a pretty cool integrated system whereby you would need to connect using both MIDI and S/PDIF (or analogue audio) and to then set up control from the POD HD500 over multiple HD500's or HD Pro units.  And doing this you could either have pairs of patches working together between a POD HD500/HD Pro and another POD HD500/HD Pro to split DSP heavy stuff between the two.  The HD Pro has S/PDIF In but the HD500 does not so if using two HD500s you would be restricted to analogue audio.

You cannot manage audio and control by L6 Link currently, but that would be cool as it would cut down on cabling.

You can also simply drag and drop HD500 presets from your desktop into POD HD Pro Edit or vice-versa which is a lot easier than opening POD HD500 presets in POD HD Pro Edit and using All Files to see them

Nick

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-24 23:30:54

Karl_Houseknecht wrote:

Had to have a little fun last night with this unit since the new firmware came out.  Took longer to make all the routings external to the unit than it did to dial in a good tone.  Will have to see if anything comes of it.

IMG_0034.jpg

Looks like fun Karl.  Been really slammed with work over the last two weeks.  Silly hours stuff.  I have flashed all three POD HD's but have only had a couple of hours to work with the latest update.   I may get some time this weekend though.

by spaceatl on 2011-11-25 07:35:05

Dang it! You guys are giving me HD Pro GAS...

by Apologist on 2011-11-27 15:02:26

If it werent sooo long I would love to do a jam of Tools cover of No Quarter by Zep.. its amazing. But Im in TN =)

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-27 15:23:44

was debating picking one up... think the timing is just off for me at the moment... closing on a house in a couple of weeks and all.... looks good Karl.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.