These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Variaxe trouble
by kentuckyb on 2011-11-24 22:13:12

Hi my e string( the fat one) has dropped out . Have replaced the piezo but still no joy.

But if I play it hard and keep it moving ,it slowly comes back distorted and fuzzy at first and after a few minutes it's ok.

unplug it for 10 minutes and it's out again,

Any ideas?

Re: Variaxe trouble
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-27 03:08:37

It sounds like a bad connection.  It may be in the ribbon cable plug that connects to the Variax main board rather than the piezo element itself, so I would suggest re-seating the plug as well as making sure that the mechanical connection between the piezo pickup element and the bridge metallic parts is clean and free from oxidisation or other grime that might give rise to a poor electrical connection.

Nick

RE: Variaxe trouble
by Line6david on 2011-11-28 08:10:07

Hi,

+1 to nick. try cleaning and re seating the ribbon cable. If that doesn't work you might need to take the guitar to an authorized service center to get checked out:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

Re: RE: Variaxe trouble
by kentuckyb on 2011-11-30 15:13:46

Thanks Nick & David , that was done

When the pickup was replaced , my guitar teck seems to think its in the board itself . Maybe a dry capacitor ?

either way it sounds like an expensive repair :(

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.