These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

spider iv 75w display
by foofighterux2 on 2011-11-24 23:25:40

14 LCD Display – The LCD (liquid crystal display) is your window into the power of Spider IV. Here you’ll see various “pages” as you adjust the various controls, including Momentary Tone Display, Momentary FX Display, and numerous other Parameter menus as you fine-tune your guitar sounds. The LCD is designed to give you instant feedback on any parameter you’re currently adjusting.  {this is from the manual}.my question:: when you have amp on and you are not adjusting settings ie:user/songs/artist is the LCD orange light supposed to go out?? and come back on when you toggle it??i just dont remember it doing this.when i dont touch controls  my LCD light dims and goes off.many thanks line 6

Re: spider iv 75w display
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-26 09:19:17

Hi

Yes - it can do this.  There is a setting in the System Setup to change the behaviour of the backlight.  Sorry I'm not near my amp right now so I can't tell you exactly where to find it, but it is there

Nick

by foofighterux2 on 2011-11-26 09:37:19

thanks nick i was in the settings so i will have a look.i must of changed it.cheers chris.if you do know setting let me know please nick.appreciate help.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-26 10:28:56

If you haven't created any of your own presets yet, the easiest way around this 'should' be a factory reset (hold down Channel A button whilst you power the amp on) and if you have, then back up your presets using a MkII FBV Shortboard or MkII FBV Express to act as the interface between your computer and your amp and then run Spider IV Edit to 'grab' your USER presets and then save them to your Computer using the File menus and Save as....

However this particular setting may be a Global Parameter setting which persists after a factory reset similar to some of the settings on the POD HD500

Nick

by fflbrgst on 2011-11-27 04:34:06

You can set the LCD display light to turn off after 15 seconds or to remain on.

Setup

In Setup Mode there are 4 screens: Auto FX, Back Light, Tap Light and Version number. To edit them, press the Presets knob to enter Edit Mode, then press the left/right arrows until SETUP is displayed. Press the up/down arrows to display the following in the LCD:

• Press the down arrow to edit BkLite. Your choices are On, meaning the LCD will always be lit, or 15SecOff, which means the LCD back light will turn off after 15 seconds of inactivity. Turn the Presets knob left or right to make your selection, then press the down arrow to go to the next screen.

• For TpLite your choices are On, meaning the TAP light will always flash the current tempo, or Flash 8, which means the TAP light will flash 8 times after the most recent activity, then it will stay off. Turn the Presets knob to make your selection.

• The fourth Setup screen displays the current Flash Memory Version you’re running in your Spider IV. This display cannot be edited.

by foofighterux2 on 2011-11-27 09:08:31

cheers guys ive done it.i turned it off.you can have it on constant or timed.cheers for your help .chris

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.