These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Floorboard not working with Flextone ii HD
by djtraceman on 2011-11-25 11:42:00

At first my floorboard would not work. it powers on, but does not send information to the Flextone head. so i bought a NEW floorboard and i have the exact same problem. how do i fix this?? Is my head broken??

Re: Floorboard not working with Flextone ii HD
by fflbrgst on 2011-11-27 04:45:15

Did you try a new cable?  Also, check the jack pins on the amp - perhaps some got bent?

by djtraceman on 2011-11-27 09:41:55

thanks!! I have a brand new cable that was included with the pedal. the pedal receives but doesn't send. it lights up, but none of the buttons or pedals work. i can't switch modes or anything. however, if i press a different channel on the amp head, that channel lights up on the pedal. that is the only thing the pedal does. I'll try a different cable and check to see if anything is bent.

I reset the amp to factory settings and now i can't get a good tone at all. everything is horribly muddy and no matter how much i edit the settings i can't eliminate it. i think i may have screwed myself :-/

by fflbrgst on 2011-11-28 07:20:38

Try another factory reset (without the pedal connected) to correct the muddy sounds.

by djtraceman on 2011-11-29 14:07:52

thanks, i totally missed that simple idea. i did a restore and unfortunately it still sounds terrible. not necessarily like something i dislike, but the original 4 tones from the factory reset don't sound anything like normal. it's like somebody turned the bass up way too much. the single notes are coming through better after the reset, but chords just sound like muffled noise. i tried with three different guitars all with different pickups to make sure it wasn't the guitar. i guess i should try to sell it as 'broken' and start looking to get a used spider 3 or 4. it's just strange that this came out of nowhere

by Line6david on 2011-11-29 14:54:28

Hi,

This is beginning to sound like a hardware issue with the Flextone II. I would recommend taking it to an authorized service center to get checked out:

http://line6.com/service_centers/

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.