These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

A question if I may be so bold?
by dal007 on 2011-11-26 12:02:12

Hello there guys and girls....I am currently running a Line6 UX2 via my pc and am having lots of trouble with bursts of static when using it either with protolls or when I am playing music back. I have disabled the onboard sound card...so I know it isnt that interferring with the UX2. I have updated all the drivers and software etc and am still have trouble with it. Any ideas? Whilst I was updating etc I noticed the software and model packs I have available and logged with my UX2. How do I access my fx junkie and metal model packs on my UX2? I downloaded the packs on my PODXT Pro when I had it but no longer do.Can I still access those? if so...how?

Sorry to be a doofuss guys.......

I look forward to any help you may be able to throw my way!

Ta

Dal

: )

Re: A question if I may be so bold?
by Line6david on 2011-11-29 16:54:21

Hi,

Static is often caused by an underpowered USB port. Try different USB ports and cables and let us know the result.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by dal007 on 2011-11-30 11:24:58

Hi David,

I shall try that and let you know.

(I have my p.c. specs on stand-by just incase you need to see it and maybe high-light the probelm).

cheerz for the speedy reply

regards

DAL

by TheRealZap on 2011-11-30 11:36:10

might speed things up to fill out your profile: http://line6.com/account/supportprofile/

that way he'll have your system specs handy if he needs to refer to them.

by dal007 on 2011-12-05 04:45:30

Hi David, I shall try that and let you know.

I have my p.c. specs on stand-by just incase you need to see it and maybe high-light the probelm.

cheerz for the speedy reply

regards

DAL

by dal007 on 2011-12-05 04:49:52

Hello David!

ok...I bought a powered usb hub and so far so good.....no popos or crackles or fizzes or hisses either!

I dud run a powered hub before but the ilok wouldnt be recongnized so I thought better of it and plugged that ans teh ux2 direct into the pc. this I find odd as I am using winxp at my other studio with pt7.1 and am using the same model hub there and plug the ilok into that and had no problems at all.....how bizarre eh?lol

so thatnk you very much for your assistance david...i can now crack on with some recording!

cheerz again.

I shall be updating my profile to show my set-up also (thanks for the heads-up TheRealZap)

regards and thanks again

Dal

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.