These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

When switching patches, can I get the WAH already activated without having to hit the toe button on the FBV?
by gareth77 on 2011-11-26 12:59:41

Hi there,

I have a question about the POD HD PRO, but first I'd like to give you a scenario.

I use an FBV Express MKII to change to patches within a bank, the A, B, C, D and Volume work fine. The WAH works fine when I hit the TOE BUTTON, which means it is communicating properly with the POD HD unit.

Let's say for argument sake that my main distortion is in patch A and again in patch B only this time it has WAH in the chain.

When I switch over from A to B I would like to have the WAH activated already so I don't need to hit the TOE BUTTON.

I was able to do this with my XT Live, but can't seem to find any reference to it this time round in the POD HD instructions.

So, Is this even possible or am I stuck with having to hit the TOE BUTTON each time I want to use the WAH when I have WAH in my effects chain?

Right now I can hear the WAH effect in the patch ready to go, but to be able to control the sweep I have to push the TOE BUTTON first which is a pain.

Please help.

Thank so much.

Gareth.

Re: When switching patches, can I get the WAH already activated without having to hit the toe button on the FBV?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-26 13:04:13

Yes, just press the Expression Toe switch to set the Wah ON and then save the patch in that state

Re: When switching patches, can I get the WAH already activated without having to hit the toe button on the FBV?
by gareth77 on 2011-11-27 05:27:07

J. H. CHRIST....why didn't I think of that!!! I will try it when I'm at the rehearsal room on Tuesday. I'll let you know how it went....thanks a million dude

by Apologist on 2011-11-27 14:46:09

If it isnt set up correctly in edit, however sometimes when you activate footswitch on patches that do this often times the wah does not activate as it should. So make sure that in edit that the toe switch is setup to activate the wah when in on position if you want it to be activated at toe switch.

by Line6Don on 2011-11-30 17:38:13

Hey gareth77,

nickmattocks answer above is correct. Just save the preset with the wah on, then in controller assignments of that preset set the wah to be controlled by EXP 1. This way the wah will be on, and you won't have to switch to EXP 2 to control it.

If all of your questions have been answered please be sure to mark as 'Helpful' or 'Correct Answer' to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers, to close out the thread as “answered” if your situation has been resolved.

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.