These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

how to download custom tone into my pod hd 500?
by ivanolu on 2011-11-26 13:08:38

i just bought the pod 500,i havent been able to download the custom tone. can somebody get me a step by step guide?

i would appreciate it

thank you

Re: how to download custom tone into my pod hd 500?
by johnpicton on 2011-11-26 14:03:55

Hi There

you need to use the Edit software.

When you download a tone from custom tone save it to somewhere on your hard drive that you can easily navigate to.

Once it is downloaded start up the edit software and then in the edit software click on the the FX button - this will bring up your the presets. (the first time you use this it is likely to read "Best of HD500"). Click on the down arrow to the right of this and select an unused set list. This will then give you a bank of "slots" that just say "new tone"

Now make sure you can see the file that you downloaded - by see I mean make sure that it is displayed on your desktop (in the folder you downloaded it to if necessary) obviously you haven't yet transferred it in to "Edit".

Then simply drag and drop the file from where you stored it onto one of the "new tone" slots.

You can now preview the downloaded tone just by playing - but at the moment it still only lives on your computer. To send the tone to your HD500 you need to make sure it is selected and then click on the option "selected" in the send box at the top left of the screen.

I have tried to cover every step which actually makes it sound harder than it is - give it a couple of tries and I am sure you will be fine. If not then come back and ask again and I will sort out some pictures for you.

Good Luck

Regards

John

RE: how to download custom tone into my pod hd 500?
by laplayantonio on 2011-11-29 06:36:34

hello ivan

get Line6 HD500 Edit software in http://line6.com/software/

you need downloading HD500 Tones from http://line6.com/customtone/browse/podhd500/ and load them manually using the software

to save them in the Pod, follow the advice of John above

line6antonio

by thegrizz on 2012-02-15 10:13:04

The drag and drop method isn't working for me any ideas why.

by johnpicton on 2012-02-15 10:56:05

Are you sure that you are trying to drag and drop the right sort of files?

The compatible tones for the HD500 end in .h5e

As long as that is the type of file you are trying to load set your screen up so you can see the open folder that contains the tone you want to load AND the Edit software window. Click with the Left Mouse button on the tone and, whilst holding the button, drag the file on to the empty slot in one of the setlists in the Edit software - see the example picture below.

Edit.jpg

by thegrizz on 2012-02-15 11:17:42

As it turn out it does work. whe I try to drop and drag to a new tone slot it replaces one of the factory tones.

by johnpicton on 2012-02-15 12:08:15

Just select a different setlist, one that contains empty tones (they show up as New Tone).

You do this by clicking on the little down arrow to the right of the setlist name as below (I am using Edit without the HD500 connected so it shows all of my setlists as empty).

edit 2.jpg

Re: RE: how to download custom tone into my pod hd 500?
by songpon on 2012-03-31 19:41:19

Thank you Line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.