These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

No sound from headphone when connected by USB
by talwilkins on 2011-11-26 14:29:23

Since the lates updates (firmware 1.40 and drivers 4.2.4.9) I don't get any sound when I connect my HD500 to the computer by USB.

As soon as I pull out the USB cable I cn hear the guitar again. This make using the edit software for creatig patches impossible as I can't hear the efeect of my actions.

What's going on? What am I doing wrong.

Another thing I noticed is that since the update I can actually get the guitar sound over the computer speakers. I never managed this before! Too bad the latency is terrible though so it's still unusable.

Please help me out I really don't want to have to do all thetweaking on the board itself

Re: No sound from headphone when connected by USB
by DeanDinosaur on 2011-11-26 16:51:46

Two possible scenarios, from the computer POD HD audio driver make sure that the volume slider for monitoring is not all the way to the left. (to get there usually at the start menu there's a line 6 shortcut). IF the behaviour is still erratic here's something that should fix it.

I've had a similar problem with USB before 1.4 but I think it will fix your problem since it's very similar to mine. First   Reset the Hardware by pressing the left arrow on the 4 way button as you power up the unit. That resets the hardware without deleting patches but you have to caliberate the cotinous controller pedal.

Regarding the latency with recording, you should use ASIO driver from the same POD HD driver options. Please let us know how it goes and if you still need help.

by talwilkins on 2011-11-27 07:28:10

Thanks for the reply.

The slider for Hardware monitor was indeed to the left.

I put it there because I was trying to get rid of some latency.

While putting it there the soud did change but didn't dissapear so I never thought to look there for this answer.

Still strage behaviour but I'm very happy to have things back to normmal again.

Thanks again!

by DeanDinosaur on 2011-11-27 11:29:46

My pleasure

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.