These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

mapping midi to ableton - pod studio kb37
by t2436jf on 2011-11-27 04:01:05

Hi all,

when running ableton, i can use the keyboard to get sound, but how do i map the other controls (VCR control buttons)?

Also, is there a how to or manual that explains the uses of the other buttons on the kb37?  As in the sound select buttons and the other buttons numbered 1-4 that have the knobs above them?  I bought my KB37 from a local music store (support buy local saturday) and it didn't come with any manual.  It came with all the software on CD's so I assumed i could download or that i would find an online manual.  I'm new to all this so things that may be common knowledge to most is not to me.

On a side note, when I try to license my Reason adapted line 6 software, it tell me my license is bad.  I'm using the number that is printed on the sleeve.  Could it be possible that someone at the store has already licensed the copy they sold me?

-John

Re: mapping midi to ableton - pod studio kb37
by Line6Don on 2011-11-30 17:34:00

Hey John Foreman,

The onboard controls of the KB37 can be remapped using the Line 6 MIDI-Audio driver menu located on Windows on the control panel, on MAC it is located on the system preferences. There will be a tab for MIDI assignments, which you can use to load a preset MIDI mapping or reprogram however you'd like.

For more information about using MIDI with your POD Studio device, check out the information at the link below:

http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/data/l/0a06007249184a8d8c424a39b/application/pdf/POD%20Studio%20&%20TonePort%20MIDI%20Setup%20Guide%20(Rev%20C)%20-%20English.pdf

Regardingthe Reason adapted software that was included, if you have tried to register the license and receive an error message saying that it has already been registered or can not be registered, it could be possible that license was already registered somehow. In that case I would contact the local music store and ask them if it was opened and returned previously.

Re: mapping midi to ableton - pod studio kb37
by Line6david on 2011-12-02 16:05:35

Hello,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered and close this support ticket. If you feel your question(s) have not been answered, or, if you have further questions, please feel free to re-open a support thread within our support community and we will answer your questions accordingly. Thanks!

Line 6 Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.