These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Feature Request: Overdrive/Distortion Pedals
by squeegy on 2011-11-28 08:20:21

I know that Mobile POD is based on the original POD 2.0 software, but all later Line 6 products all have distortion pedals except those that are also based on the POD 2.0 software like the Pocket POD.  The iOS competition all have distortion pedals.  The best part of Peavey's Ampkit software to me is cool distortion pedal models.  

Re: Feature Request: Overdrive/Distortion Pedals
by squeegy on 2011-11-29 07:43:36

I also made this request through the line 6 product request page as well.  Just though I would put it out here too for the community.

by hsix on 2011-12-13 13:36:06

Can not agree more.planned to mimic my pod xt live sounds with it as live back-up.the absence of this feature doesn't allow me to do so. Completely overlooked this absence. it seemed obvious as they are on al my other line6 products.if i had know,I would have bought competitor solutions for my iPad. Too bad as I am a heavy line6 user and endorser.Hope a next upgrade can fix this.

by LeWookie on 2012-11-12 09:50:29

I completely agree! Overdrive/distortion pedals are badly missing from the Mobile POD available gear. Even though most amps have a gain/drive channel, two or three simple OD pedals would bring some more flexibility. Thinking of ProCo Rat, Tube Screamer or Big Muff Pi. Also, commercially speaking and comparing with other mobile products available, this is really like something is missing. Also, it would be nice to add an "auto" function to the existing wah pedal. I am desperately awaiting a future product upgrade taking into account these suggestions.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.