These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Feature Request: Background Audio
by squeegy on 2011-11-28 08:27:26

I have been playing my fingers raw with Mobile POD and Mobile In since getting it before Thanksgiving and loving it.  One thing I think is missing is the ability to start Mobile POD and go into another app while still hearing the audio output of Mobile POD. I have tab apps and leason apps and lick apps that I would like to work in while using Mobile POD.  Right now Mobile POD stops audio when you switch apps.  So I either have to use two iOS devices, one for sound nad the other for the leason or song or I have to use something other then an iOS device for audio like POD HD 300 or Pocket POD.

Re: Feature Request: Background Audio
by squeegy on 2011-11-29 07:44:21

I also made this request through the line 6 product request page as well.  Just though I would put it out here too for the community.

by Gerrees on 2012-07-11 07:28:08

So it's now July 2012... Why haven't you guys implemented this simple feature yet? You haven't even responded to the request...

by richardwhite2009 on 2012-10-29 19:14:50

Another vote for background audio support for Mobile Pod!!   I would really like to play the pods tones while jamming with other audio applications.  GarageBand will let me do this.  I don't know why the Mobile Pod will not. 

by Nu2moro on 2012-10-30 12:49:22

Do line 6 still support the mobile in?

They seem to disregard customer feedback!  :-(

by stmoeller60 on 2012-11-05 01:49:46

Would be interesting for me too to have mobile pod working in the background, and having a lyric sheet to read on ipad or iphone.

by gdovic on 2012-12-20 20:33:28

I second that request. The ability for mobile pod to start, select tone and settings, then continue in the background while I launch YouTube to play along with an instructional vid would be ideal.

by edstar1960 on 2013-01-01 09:57:06

I agree - this would be a great feature enhancement and I don't understand why it was not included in the original product.  Being able to reference music notes in a PDF or a TXT file would also be great - but currently you can only hear a tone while MOBILE IN is the current active app - why can't it continue in the background and let you browse a PDF or a TXT file or view a video etc??

Plus - why can't we use it as input to GARAGE BAND?  It would be great to be able to record with it directly on the iPAD rather than having totake the output to some other device.

by gChrisG on 2013-01-02 17:14:51

Hi Ed –

I'm the Mobile In product manager at Line 6.  I just wanted to point out that iOS and GarageBand don't currently provide any technical way for other apps – Line 6 apps or anybody else's – to be recorded into GarageBand.  Unfortunately I'm not allowed to comment on future evolution of our products, but please be assured that we're very aware of the demand for Mobile POD to interoperate along with other apps – we think we have the best sounding modeling on iOS, and most customers tell us they think so too.  You can bet that if we could enable Mobile POD recording in GarageBand, we certainly would do so!

– Chris

by edstar1960 on 2013-01-04 08:44:09

Thanks for the update Chris - appreciate it.  Thanks for the explanation about Garage Band and iOS not allowing the interoperation that we would all love to see.  Is that also why we can't browse a PDF or TXT file whilst using Mobile POD in the background?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.