These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

PodXT Live unresponsive C Bank Footswitch
by lasirena on 2011-11-28 10:42:45

My C Bank footswitch will not light up or respond.  I called my local Line 6 service center, and they told me it isn't under warranty.  I have seen several  posts saying that it is a known issue, and that it is covered under a lifetime warrnaty even without a receipt.  My service center said they called line 6 and that they said that was not the case, and it would cost me $35 just for them to send it to wherever it is they have to send it, for them to look at it, and then tell me how much (on top of the $35) it will cost to repair it, not to mention, since it seems like a known issue, (wish I would have known before I bought it)  I am worried that I will have the same problem sooner or later with other/every switch.  I love my pod, but I am very discouraged, and loosing my faith in the line 6 brand....   

Help? 

Re: PodXT Live unresponsive C Bank Footswitch
by Line6Tony on 2011-12-01 08:04:22

Sorry to see you run into this problem with your XT Live. I looked at our technical bulletins and didn't find one with this type of failure. Can you provide links to some of the posts you mention so I can see the context in which the failure is mentioned and provide you some clarity?

Service centers set their own rates for their work. Some may charge to diagnose the problem, some may not, but Line 6 does not control that. You may want to check with another service center to find one that won't charge you to diagnose the problem. They all have access to our service manual, and they all can order parts from us, when available, to complete the repair.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.