These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

question about Jtv59 and pod hd300 drop tune and high gain
by barry70 on 2011-11-29 14:01:23

,Hello my issue is  when I use my 59 with my 300 when using drop tuning (usually half step drop d or drop c) with the mesa,engl models of pod it sounds very processed (digital) ,I understand the further you get from standard tuning digitally the more processed it will sound ,but when I use my bc rich drop tuned the same ,the amp models sound great,and when at our rehersal space (the have great amp selection) I use the 59 dropped with the alt knob, staight in both a jcm2000 and a actutual dual rec it sounds great to ,so I am wondering if this just the combination of the drop tuning and the high gains of the amp models,has anyone else noticed this,and is it just something I will have to get used to? I do not notice it with any of the other amp models,just the high gains and to be fair in the full band setting it is not as noticable ,but as a player ,I wonder if its just me really focusing on it,and not being able NOT to hear it (like when you notice a buzz on a fret of your guitar but someone else will play it and may not ) anyway I'm a bit of a newbie and any thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: question about Jtv59 and pod hd300 drop tune and high gain
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-11-30 02:03:01

Answered in your duplicate thread.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.