These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Is my Spider iv 15w busted? Help!
by smithguitar28 on 2011-12-01 07:18:56

Hello guys, right straight to the point. When i turn my amp on the power light is on but no other lights are on. Plus there is this continuous popping noise, simialar to the noise you get from putting a jack lead in/taking it out.
Iv tried dirrerent leads, different settings, volumes on both guitar n amp. Im wondering if my amp is busted or it just something really simple that im overlooking.
Please help! was really looking forward to a little guitar session today .
Peace x

Re: Is my Spider iv 15w busted? Help!
by fflbrgst on 2011-12-01 12:59:17

First try a factory reset.  With the power switch off, hold the 'A' or 'Clean' button in and turn the power on, hold the button in for 5-10 seconds.

If the amp continues to not work, you will need to bring it to a factory service center.

Re: Is my Spider iv 15w busted? Help!
by Kneehow on 2011-12-05 11:14:20

Actually, if a factory reset doesn't correct the issue, the Spider IV 15 Watt amps are non field serviceable units. If you're with the first year of new product purchase (going by the date on your purchase receipt), give our Service Department a call at: 818-575-3600 (8AM - 5PM Pacific Standard Time), Mondays through Fridays.

Spider 30 Watt and higher amplifiers are field serviceable. Just not 15 Watters, fyi.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.