These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod Xt Pro won't downgrade to flash memory that I want. Angry!!!
by Krenzathal on 2011-12-02 02:52:22

Hi, I just purchaced a brand new POD xt pro for my rack as my old Bean xt was becoming a pain to cart about separately.

Now, I use flash memory 1.05 in my bean to get the tones I want becasue I like those sounds better, so I went to the Line 6 site, downloaded the Flash 1.05 for POD xt Pro and went to install it and I was greeted by the message "This file is not compatable with your POD xt Pro"

To say I am angry is an understatement. I Specifically downloaded the Flash under the xt PRO section and now it says it is not compatable and I can't get my tones. I assumed that the xt pro was exactly the same as the bean but just a different shape but if it's refusing software then it must have different programming which no-one told me about.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this? The xt Pro is pretty much useless to me without this downgrade as I hate the tones with the later flash memories.

Thanks

Re: Pod Xt Pro won't downgrade to flash memory that I want. Angry!!!
by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-12-02 03:09:50

Well first of all I'm not even sure how you bought a new Podxt Pro as these are no longer made or sold by Line 6. Also I'm not sure how you expect Line 6 to read your mind as to your intentions and "tell you about it".

Anyway, have you tried using the Monkey program? What is the current firmware listed in your XT Pro? Do you even know if you are downgrading yet? If you have an early firmware you cannot upgrade using USB, you need to do it via MIDI.

Please hit the TUNER button and scroll using the SELECT knob to the last page. If you have a version later than 1.0x, you can use your USB connection. If say you have v1.01 you will have to upgrade to v1.05 via MIDI. It is important for us to know what version you have to give the right advice.

If you can see you PodXT Pro in Monkey via USB (i.e. you have a later firmware), try highlighting the Flash Memory line and see if you now have a button to the right labelled "Rollback". If you do you should now be able to rollback to the firmware you want. Be aware though that once you get to 1.05 the USB will probably become deactivated again and all further connections may have to be by MIDI again, as you've rolled it back to a pre-USB version.

by BigChas52 on 2011-12-02 05:39:18

Did you notice that that particular flash update is for MAC OS9 users only?  If you are not using OS9, try using Monkey to roll back, as Mr_Adarkin advised.  Safe travels

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-02 05:55:50

you might try connecting the xt pro via midi and not usb to downflash...

i'm also reasonably sure that the xt pro came later than the bean etc...

so it may not have existed when 1.05 was released....

meaning that it in fact may NOT work... wouldn't surprise me.

i think you're being a bit silly to be so angry about it...

you should use it as an opportunity to pole vault to a newer firmware and import your tone bundle then tweak them back to your preference...

even the newest xt firmware is a few years old... and even if the tone needs some tweaking there are surely many bug fixes and positive benefits to having the latest....

not to mention to get support most companies require that you have the latest firmware,,,

i mean afterall they don't want to deal with bugs that no longer exist

by Mr_Arkadin on 2011-12-02 06:05:00

TheRealZap wrote:

i'm also reasonably sure that the xt pro came later than the bean etc...

so it may not have existed when 1.05 was released....

meaning that it in fact may NOT work... wouldn't surprise me.

Good point - I wonder what firmware the XT Pro started on? I certainly used USB when I bought mine, so maybe it won't go as far back as you'd like. You may just have to return it to the shop (as it's brand new) and get your money back.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.