These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Just Got Pod 2.0 Help!! Please!!! Software Help!
by xramsxbaseballxx on 2009-05-09 12:11:49

So i just bought a used line 6 pod 2.0 of ebay.

From what i researched it didnt seem like i need A CD-ROM software with it but i suppose if you buy them new it comes with pod tools correct?

I have a mac. and plan on just plugging   guitar------------pod-------------garageband.

I have line 6 monkey downloaded but it doesnt have a pod 2.0 selection on it which i didnt understand and i downloaded line 6 edit but i dont see anything on that that could help me mix and match heads and cabs

I saw some screenshots online and there is a program that pulls up where you can mix and match the cabs and create your tone on the computer instead of on the pod.

Do i need to buy something for that or is there some way it will come up on my computer when i get it.

all i got was the pod 2.0 and the power supply thing.

I heard this was good for doing hardcore/metal music.

I just want to be able to digtally create my tones on my mac through the pod.

please help and let me know if i will have to buy something else or how to do whatever i need to do.

Thanks

Re: Just Got Pod 2.0 Help!! Please!!! Software Help!
by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-05-09 13:02:06

Look at the rear of your Pod2 - is there a CAT5 type jack labelled "Pedal" or is it labelled "FBV" - if it is the former you cannot do any updates via Monkey, if it is the latter then you can. Sounds like you have the former.

Anyway, use Line 6 Edit software - you should be able to do all your amp/cab/effects editing from there - you will need to have MIDI cables for it to communicate though.

by xramsxbaseballxx on 2009-05-09 13:35:24

explain to me what you mean i need midi cables too communicate it though.

im just learning about this stuff sorry lol.

Im guessing thats the bigger type cable.

Im planning to just run a guitar cable out of it and then use a converter to turn it into a headphone type jack and go direct into my computer

by toneman2121 on 2009-05-09 17:31:56

41NSGVREQNL._SL500_AA280_.jpgm-audio midisport

by Mr_Arkadin on 2009-05-10 05:00:42

With that MIDIsport box Toneman has kindly shown you will need to connect MIDI In and Out to POD and obviously USB to your computer. This should enable two-way communication and Monkey, Edit etc. should now 'see' your Pod. This is just control data, not audio. For audio you will need a separate cable - i think what you're saying is your audio card has a 3.5mm stereo jack input, in which case some form of adapter or special cable will be needed to go from 3.5mm stereo to 2xmono 1/4" jack.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.