These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Variable Input Impedance setting.Auto or manual?
by jesuscares on 2011-12-02 22:24:40

Which setting is better?Auto or manual? I guess Auto deals more with the amp while manual deals with the type of guitar.But for overall sound which would be a better setting?

Re: Variable Input Impedance setting.Auto or manual?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2011-12-03 00:14:04

Unless you expereience particular problems with your guitar's tone because of Input Impedance settings, I would suggest that leaving the setting on AUTO would probably give you the better all-round result.

Nick

by jesuscares on 2011-12-04 22:13:43

Thanks for your valuable  response.Let me hang on until I hear from a few others too.

by silverhead on 2011-12-05 07:00:00

I agree with Nick. The input impedance control is designed so that users can do one of two things:

- use their knowledge and experience with such controls to apply different settings on a preset basis, depending on their signal chain and the nuanced tone they are looking for; or

- set it to Auto for the most part and play around with it when you feel like it.

The Auto setting is designed to keep things simple for people like me (and everyone who doesn't necessarily want to think about this every time they create a preset). Use Auto unless you want to experiement with and specify a different setting for each preset. There is no setting other than Auto that is designed to provide a better global setting for overall sound.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.