These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

My X3 Live Communication error
by Slaveckiy on 2011-12-02 23:31:39

Hi there! Is anybody know what is my pod x3 live problem?!

I've got this unit after repair from autorised service Center Line6 (EFEX Electronics)  (motherboard replacement) and when i setup all drivers and etc. on Monkey i've got this problem - Communication error 0000000. I call to service and they tell me that online support help me.. Ok. I'm done. Thanks to anybody help!

Re: My X3 Live Communication error
by Slaveckiy on 2011-12-03 22:27:39

I had my X3 Live Pod serviced at the authorized Line6 tech shop (EFEX Electronics) where they replaced the mainboard. The X3 Live works fine with the 4.7.1 driver. However, when updating to the newest 7.1.0 driver I get an error of 0x000000 using Line6 Monkey software.

The tech guy at EFEX Electronics thinks that some pieces of hardware that were not transfered from the old mainboard to the new are preventing X3 Live from being properly recognized by the latest drivers. He doesn't know which specific components might have that effect.

What could be the cause of this problem? If the tech guy is right, what are the specific components that are at fault and is it still possible to transfer them? Could this be a software issue and if so how do I go about fixing it?

Thanks

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-04 05:18:50

yes your screen shows the ESN as all 0's

which means that the security chip is missing or not installed properly.

only authorized service centers would have access to the information you want....

if your tech guy is authorized he should be able to look it up.

by Slaveckiy on 2011-12-05 21:04:53

Here is the answer from service, (thanks for Ed from Efex!;-))

So I have to remove the security chip from the old circuit board

and resolder it to the replacement board you gave me to install.

Since I received the replacement board from you it might have saved you the cost of buying a new one

but there was no notification as to whether it was a new, used or refurbished board.

I saw no reason to pursue any other work than to replace the existing board with the one you gave me.

I have replaced the security chip before on new replacement boards from Line 6.

I would be happy to remove the security chip from the original pc board and resolder it to the replacement board.

Let me know when you would like to drop the XB Live unit and the original pc board.

Ed at EFEX Electronics

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.