These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

How do I set up POD Farm 2?
by eam1990 on 2011-12-04 17:23:27

Hello everyone. I've been using my X3 Live with Gearbox since I bought it. I never cared about POD Farm 2 because I didnt need it but the built in tuner and the nicer interface kind of makes me want to switch over.

The thing is, when I open POD Farm 2 and load an effect, I can listen to both what I just chose in POD Farm AND what's already selected in the pedal board. What I mean is that instead of switching effects in the X3 just like Gearbox does, POD Farm uses the software to emulate the effects, if that makes any sense.

I have my headphones connected to the X3 (could this be the problem?) and of course the X3 connected to the PC through USB. I've selected PODX3 ASIO driver under settings. I dont know what else to switch. Maybe I should connect the headphones to the PC instead? What can I do to only hear the effect selected on POD Farm when I'm using it? Thanks.

Re: How do I set up POD Farm 2?
by TheRealZap on 2011-12-04 18:05:28

pod farm does not replace gearbox...

pod farm will not talk to your x3, and will not modify the patches on the x3.

you will still need to use gearbox for that....

pod farm is something different...

with the x3 it's meant to be used as a plugin...

you record dry sound from x3... and use pod farm to add amps and effects later.

by eam1990 on 2011-12-04 18:07:50

Oh I know that I can use it like a VST with Cubase for example, but since you can open it up as a standalone program and not into Cubase I thought you could use it that way too.

In fact, I'm pretty sure you can, because not only can you edit a dry tone with it, but you can tweak effects on the go. So my question still stands :/

by BigChas52 on 2011-12-04 18:09:30

POD Farm 2 will use the ASIO inputs from the X3 and process them.  For the X3, GearBox was a control interface, but not a sound processing interface.  PF 2 is a full processing interface, but cannot be used as a control interface for the X3.  When you want to use PF 2 you should probably turn down the master volume on the X3.

Your settings are correct.   It has nothing to do with your headphones.  Just listen through your PC.

by eam1990 on 2011-12-04 18:17:56

Great. I'll try turning down the master volume and update this Thanks

Edit: What happens with an effect that requires the expression pedal to be used? Like a wah? Does it still work in POD Farm 2? (since I'd be using the pedalboard pedal)

by BigChas52 on 2011-12-04 18:34:29

I don't think the expression pedal will have any effect on the dry tone from the X3 that is used to power PF 2.

by Line6Don on 2011-12-08 15:12:30

Hey haceteunosmates,

BigChas52's answer is correct, POD Farm will process your guitar's sound the same way the POD X3 Live processes your guitar's sound. So if you want to use POD Farm to control your sound, simply use a blank preset on the POD X3, and use POD Farm for all of the amps and effects. From there you could add effects from the POD X3 live by simply turning them on in the preset, keep in mind that these effects would come before the POD Farm effects in the signal flow.

The onboard controls of the POD X3 will not control the POD Farm 2 software. To do that you will need to use one of our FBV MKII series pedals, or a third party MIDI controller.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.