These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 Lounge

To repair or not to repair..?
by jesuscares on 2011-12-04 22:16:43

Just got my brand new Taylor 314CE from Musicians Friend.The action is set low,the way I wanted it,but there is no buzz unless I press too hard on the strings.The tone is not as bassy as I expected but the sustain is incredible,almost like there is no difference between an open string & fretted note!But here's a slight problem:The first string slips off quite easily under the fret wire,sometimes even when I do pull offs.I could avoid it if I play with some extra care.Is this because of low action or wrong spacing at the Nut? The store is willing to exchange it for me but i love this action.What is your advice.get it repaired or exchange? Is it worth repairing this guitar or an exchange would be better? Not sure what type of repair this would need.Please reply.

Thanks.

Re: To repair or not to repair..?
by TheRealZap on 2011-12-05 03:49:00

you really should take it to a luthier for a setup and inspection...

they'll be able to tell you if its a real issue worth exchanging or if it just needs a tweak...

they'll probably let you know without charging you.

Re: To repair or not to repair..?
by BigChas52 on 2011-12-05 06:29:34

Sounds like a manufacturing defect, in which case it should be covered under Taylor's warranty.  I would take it to a Taylor authorized repair center.  If they can repair it as opposed to replacing the guitar, the repair should be free  http://www.taylorguitars.com/dealers/Repair-Centers/ .

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.