These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M13+Other pedals+carl martin octaswitch? Could it be a good idea?
by Giax1974 on 2011-12-06 19:52:34

Does this make sense ?

getting an octaswitch to controll al my analog pedals and my amps channes, and also use  the M13?

With a device like octaswitch I can combine my all analoge pedals and AMP channels, but how can I controll my M13? what woul be the interaction between  M13 and octaswitch?

I know what I can controll with the octaswitch, but dont know how can the octaswitch can control M13 or how should I connect it to the M13 or viceversa (I have a mess in my head) ...This is my actual setup:

m13andoctaswitch.jpg

Thanks in advanced and any ideas or configs are welcome!!!

Giax

Re: M13+Other pedals+carl martin octaswitch? Could it be a good idea?
by phil_m on 2011-12-07 06:25:59

Well there's no way you could really control the M13 with the Octaswitch. If control is what you're looking for, you may be better off with something like the Rocktron Patchmate or Voodoo Labs Pedal Switcher. These products do the same thing as the Octa-Switch, essentially, but they can be controlled via MIDI. So, it would allow to create presets incorporating the M13 and your existing pedals. As far as controlling your amp, there are ways to do that via MIDI, too. Voodoo Labs makes a thing called a Control Switcher that will enable you to change your amp's channels via MIDI as well. If you've never used MIDI, it might be a little learning curve. But in the end, it would give you a more usable system.

by Giax1974 on 2011-12-07 09:10:55

Thanks I will check on those voodoolabs!!!

by spaceatl on 2011-12-07 13:44:46

http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/switchblade_models.htm#GL

__jive_emoticon_name="wink" __jive_macro_name="emoticon" class="jive_macro jive_macro_emoticon _jivemacro_uid_13232942817635684 jive_emote" jivemacro_uid="_13232942817635684" src="http://l6c.scdn.line6.net/support/4.5.7/images/emoticons/wink_r16957.gif">

by Giax1974 on 2012-02-10 20:12:33

After looking at these devices, I have more doubts regarding the Voodoo labs controllers with the M13 and external pedals:
Pedal switcher: allows you to plug your pedals in, but how it interact with the M13? can it control my M13? or M13 can include some external pedals connected to the pedal switcher per scene? which controlls which?

Commander: can turn on and off different combination of pedals plugged on your pedal switcher... BUt can I preset the different setups of each pedal? let say I have a commander footswitch setting with a distortion pedal with low gain, and another wtih high gain? the presets control the setting of each pedal knobs?

by Giax1974 on 2012-02-10 20:13:24

After looking at these devices, I have more doubts regarding the Voodoo labs controllers with the M13 and external pedals:
Pedal switcher: allows you to plug your pedals in, but how it interact with the M13? can it control my M13? or M13 can include some external pedals connected to the pedal switcher per scene? which controlls which?

Commander: can turn on and off different combination of pedals plugged on your pedal switcher... BUt can I preset the different setups of each pedal? let say I have a commander footswitch setting with a distortion pedal with low gain, and another wtih high gain? the presets control the setting of each pedal knobs?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.