These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

BSOD when trying to record
by zAktSs on 2011-12-09 18:53:35

Hi,

I've recently experienced problems when i try to record audio from POD HD500. All the drivers are updated. My computer is a Sony Vaio. 4G of memory, Intel core i5 CPU and the OS is Windows 7. The record software i use is Ableton Live 7.0.1. The BSOD (blue screen of death error) occurs when i open it and try to set the audio input and the latency stuff. I don't even have time to record any second and the error occurs. It never happens when i use the POD HD500 with the POD HD500 Edit. I don't know how to solve this problem.

thank you for your help.

ps : when i record i turn off the wireless connection and the antivirus

Re: BSOD when trying to record
by Line6david on 2011-12-12 12:05:30

Hi,

BSODs are often times by conflicts between hardware and software on your computer use this link to determine what the issue is:

Who Crashed is a useful and easy to use tool that can help you identify which drivers or devices are responsible for blue screens on Windows computers. Download it at http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

style="font-size: 10pt;">Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by zAktSs on 2011-12-12 12:37:40

Hi,

Thank you for the tip. I used the link you sent me and here is the report i got :

On Sat 10/12/2011 2:29:45 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120911-27315-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000309919C, 0xFFFFF88004081E80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

by Line6Hugo on 2011-12-15 15:03:36

First, please fill out you computer support profile so we know what you are using:

http://line6.com/account/supportProfile/

Doyou have any other USB devices connecerted to the computer?  Please remove all other USB devices (except for a mouse and keyboard on a desktop computer) while troubleshooting this problem.  Completely remove ANY USB hubs, even if not in use, and test the hardware on all of your computer's USB ports, preferably the back ports on a desktop system.

You may also want to try all of the tips in the following USB Troubleshooting document:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4282

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by zAktSs on 2011-12-15 19:11:38

I filled the computer support profile and i followed the troubleshooting document. I found i video tutorial on how to optimise my computer for recording. I did the main tweaks then i tried to record. The BSOD poped up while i was setting the MIDI of the POD HD500. Then i tried again with wireless off and everything went well. I recorded played back and exported the file and it's wonderfully beautiful sounding. I know that internet was not the only problem cause i tried recording with wireless off and antivirus off too. But i dont know what the other problems were but i think it might be the internal sound card (they were enabled and i disabled them) if it can help any other users experiencing the same problem i had.

Thanks a lot for your help it was very useful and easy to understand, i appreciate.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.