These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Recording using the HD 500 ?
by hatecrewabeer on 2011-12-11 11:28:09

I`m trying to record using my HD 500 for the last few days ( USB as the only audio interface) but its not giving me the desired results!! I tried using the HD`s amp modelers and other cabinet modelers , i tried recording a raw bypassed signal and then using guitar rig 3 to tweak the sound , and also tried recording the HDs tone directly. I use sonar 8 , any suggestions how i can get a good output using the HD as the audio interface?

Re: Recording using the HD 500 ?
by silverhead on 2011-12-11 12:17:51

Check the Sonar audio setup to make sure you are using the HD500 and its ASIO driver as the audio input/output device.

If you are still having the difficulty, please describe / compare what you hear between the sound you hear from the HD500 headphones while recording, and the recorded sound. Use the wet (not dry/ raw) signal for this comparison.

Make sure you are monitoring playback of the recorded sound using the HD500 outputs (headphones / XLR / 1/4").

by Apologist on 2011-12-11 12:27:58

I use same set up only I use bean and use USB:

If you do not use ASIO drivers youw ill get issues like muffling of sound and lagging playback

With Asio I have no issues other than occasional clipping if I dont make a patch right but that's my fault not the HD Bean

by Seppi on 2011-12-12 07:20:36

I'm also using my HD500 as my main interface. I just bought a pair of powered studio monitors. When I connected my studio monitors to my HD500 from the XLR-out of the HD500 to the XLR-in of the powered monitors, the volume was very VERY weak. I tried to connect the monitors to the HD500 using a trs-to-rca cable from the headphone-out of the HD500 to the rca-in of the monitors. The result was good. The volume became loud! I think its 10 times louder than the 1st setup when I was using the XLR-out. How come its weak when I use the XLR-outs?

by Seppi on 2011-12-13 06:50:07

?

by silverhead on 2011-12-13 07:36:11

You need to start your own thread and mark it as a question. People in this thread should be responding to the original poster's question, which is different from yours.

by Seppi on 2011-12-13 07:48:19

Ok. Thanks for the info.

by hatecrewabeer on 2012-04-05 05:02:34

silverhead- bro i did! Still it sounded not right :/ Esp. when i record any riffs i noticed the sound becomes a bit muffled up and looses its tightness. The pod sounds much better when i play it normally through an amp.

@ Apologist - I did use Asio. One other thing i noticed when i tried to use the HD as an interface for Guitar Rig 3 is the presence of latency. If i set latency too low the sound clips and itsjust a mess. I was just trying to hear how the guitar rig sounds directly! Thanks for the help btw

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.