These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Why haven't they released a FBV Longboard MKII?
by joeking_989 on 2011-12-11 13:26:46

I have a Line 6 HD150 and i have been researching the FBV Series' as i hate being stuck by my amp using my hands when i could be rocking! I read about the Longboard and can't figure out why they haven't released a MKII version, as far as i can tell the Longboard has more features. I realise you  can add an EX-1 expression pedal to a shortboard but the Longboard has more stompbox features and is just as easy to use, somebody explain...

Re: Why haven't they released a FBV Longboard MKII?
by TheRealZap on 2011-12-11 13:43:44

it was probably just due to demand... they haven't made those in a long time...

they would have released a new one around the time of the x3 many years back if the demand was there.

Re: Why haven't they released a FBV Longboard MKII?
by Kneehow on 2011-12-13 18:00:10

The FBV was really made specifically for the Vetta series amplifiers 10 years ago... we no longer make the Vetta amps.

The FBV Shortboard (MKII) ended up being more of a universal (you can connect it to Spider III, IV, Spider Valve, PODxt, POD X3, POD HD units) controller where the number of switches wouldn't exceed any of those devices' onboard parameters that were relevant for bypass control.

If you look on an older FBV controller... there are switches that really only pertain to the Vetta amp. Favorite Channel, Stomp 1, 2 and 3, etc. these don't really exist in any of the current Line 6 units.

Then again, if you really feel strongly about the FBV... please let our Product Dev team know about your perspective directly via this page: http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.