These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

No sound on podfarm 2.5 when recording with ableton live lite 7???
by DKawlum on 2011-12-12 15:13:32

I have the UX2, I instantiated the pod farm plug-in in ableton but when I drag it out into the midi file there's no sound to record with. I'm plugged straight into my computer via usb and i have headphones in the headphones input(obviously). I know I'm doing something wrong so clear advice would be so very appreciated

Re: No sound on podfarm 2.5 when recording with ableton live lite 7???
by silverhead on 2011-12-12 15:16:53

DKawlum wrote:

.... when I drag it out into the midi file ...

I'm confused. Pod Farm works with audio input - not midi.

Try creating an audio track to apply Pod Farm. Select the UX2 and its ASIO driver as the audio device in Ableton. When you arm the audio track for recording you should see the input meters responding in Ableton.

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-12 15:48:42

+1, you need a VSTi, not a VST to to get sound from a midi file...

a VSTi is an instrument sound.

by DKawlum on 2011-12-13 13:24:34

thanks a lot dude! it was bought for me as a gift so I'm not really handy with the tech stuff behind it. what do i go into to select the ASIO driver?

by silverhead on 2011-12-14 05:24:34

You would go to a panel/window in Ableton called Audio Setup, or Audio Preferences, or something like that. Each DAW has their own way of handling this, but almost all DAWs allow you, somewhere in the maze of controls, to specify the audio device and driver that you want to use.

by DKawlum on 2011-12-14 10:33:37

k selected asio driver but theres still no sound... do i need proper monitors to record with it cause i just have headphones plugged in?... also it originally came with pod farm 2 but i upgraded to 2.5 before recording... does this have anything to do with it?????

by silverhead on 2011-12-14 13:40:55

Where do you have your headphones/monitors connected? They should be connected to your UX2, which becomes your soundcard when connected to your computer and assigned as the audio device in Ableton. Your computer soundcard is no longer processing the sound, so you won't hear anything if yopur headphones/monitors are connected to your computer.

by DKawlum on 2011-12-14 15:24:32

they are connected to the ux2 that's why i'm so confused why theres no sound

by silverhead on 2011-12-14 20:09:18

Try pluggin your headphones into your computer just for a test. Do you hear sound from the computer's headphone jack? If so, that would indicate that Ableton is still using your computer's soundcard as its audio device, in which case Ableton is not configured properly.

by DKawlum on 2011-12-16 12:02:28

no sound there either... i hate to be asking you this many questions and you've been nothing but extremely helpful but i just don't know the problem... do you know who i can contact for these things or?

by silverhead on 2011-12-16 13:22:59

This is the Line 6 support forum, and they answer items marked as questions, which this item is. However, since you marked it as Answered it is now off the Line 6 radar screen.

You have two options:

- post the item again as a question, and this time don't mark it as answered until you are fully satisfied; or

- contact Line 6 tech support directly at the number you will find under the Contact Us link at the foot of this page.

Good lick - I'm sure this will be resolved.

by DKawlum on 2011-12-17 13:25:07

here's the problem i filmed the setup really quick just my headphones in the phones jack, usb connected straight to the computer, asio drivers selected... dunno what else to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRrxACHFwrk&feature=youtu.be

by Line6Hugo on 2011-12-21 17:17:58

In your video, I did not see you arm the audio track.

First, before applying the plug-in to the track, please arm the audio track and simply play/record dry guitar audio into the program and play it back?  Do you get audio?

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by DKawlum on 2012-01-10 15:57:43

Oh thanks dude... I feel pretty stupid right now but still grateful haha. One more thing, when I try to record multiple guitar parts with pod farm, it only lets me use the plug in with 2 audio slots... this kinda limits the harmonies in my multitracking, any solution?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.