These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Key assignment for TonePort KB37
by honorguard57 on 2011-12-12 16:16:18

I was hoping someone could school me in assigning the keys, knobs, buttons, doo-hickey, and doo-dads on my KB37. Basically, I am using Reaper and EZ Drummer. What I am really trying to do is use the midi keyboard for drum beats. I know that it auto assigns parts of the kit to each key but for some reason I cannot get the key assigned to the kick drum to work. I thought that I would try to just reassign since the kick is the most vital part of the kit. Help would be very much appreciated. Also, learning to apply other VST instruments to the keyboard would be awesome too. Thanks again.

Re: Key assignment for TonePort KB37
by Kneehow on 2011-12-15 11:27:37

Usually, you'd do that in the virtual instrument software program itself. A lot of times, the software will have a MIDI Learn feature where you might "right-click" on the parameter in question that you want to teach a new MIDI note/pad/knob/slider action to in the software program, then move or hit the desired key/pad/knob/slider.

I think you should be able to do that in EZ Drummer (I've never used that software). Actually I just browsed through their manual. Page 15 implies that the drum samples are mapped to those corresponding key notes as per Toontrack's decision. You'll have to use the note they've arbitrary chosen for whichever kick drum in question you're trying to trigger.

Re: Key assignment for TonePort KB37
by honorguard57 on 2012-02-06 14:56:13

Thanks, I came back to this discussion to see if you know of any way to test the keys on my kb37 to see if the issue is that key or something on toon track's side. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.