These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 75 Buzzing
by pantosh on 2011-12-12 19:32:40

I posted this before, but cannot find that post.  Attached is what the buzzing sounds like.

Amp bought new from Daddy's in NH in October 2011.  Help please.

I've done the "reset" trick, but nothing works.  New guitar works perfectly on other amp.  New cable and changed power outlets several times.

What you'll hear on the attached MP3 is the buzzing, followed by the buzzing with a guitar strum, and then buzzing when thumping the guitar strings with my whole hand.  Yeah, I just kinda tried everything.

OOPS!  Even though the attachment is .MP3, your system is telling me "The content type of this attachment is not allowed."  So I guess I won't attach it.

Not having fun right now.

Re: Spider IV 75 Buzzing
by pantosh on 2011-12-12 20:07:49

Here's the link to Youtube where you can enjoy the buzzing.

by fflbrgst on 2011-12-13 09:02:25

That's the buzz of a bad ground.  When you touch the strings you are providing a grounding circuit (you!)

1) Try plugging into a different wall outlet (not the same circuit breaker).

2) Try a different guitar and cable.

Sorry that you bought from a place that's closed so can't take it back for service to the same spot.  I got my Spider at GC, but used to use Daddy's for repairs.

by Line6Tony on 2011-12-15 17:26:54

If fflbrgst's suggestions don't work, a technician at an authorized service center can diagnose and repair this issue. They can be found at http://line6.com/service_centers/style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif';">. It has a one year warranty; you'd provide a copy of your receipt to the service center for warranty service.

If they do work, please give him points.

RE: Spider IV 75 Buzzing
by Line6Hugo on 2011-12-20 17:17:54

Hello,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.