These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

Overheating V70 beltpack
by Sheriton on 2011-12-13 03:53:24

I had a problem last week with one of my V70 beltpacks overheating spectacularly. I couldn't get to it at the time to have a look myself as I was mixing the show out front but the actress and stage manager described it as "red hot" and "too hot to touch". She had to take it off as it was burning her back (hooked on bra strap so not contained in a cloth pouch.) They popped the batteries out to let it all cool down but she put it on again for the final scene and had to take it off as soon as she came of stage as it was reaching an uncomfortable temperature again. The batteries were very quickly flattened; presumably something in there was drawing far too much current, hence the rapid temperature rise.

This was the last night of an eight performance run; everything had behaved perfectly up until that point. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a service / repair job? A known issue? Any advice greatfully received.

Re: Overheating V70 beltpack
by SouthportSDC on 2011-12-13 04:51:09

A known issue, I had 4 from the same batch doing just that with 3 months of purchase, all replaced by Line 6 with no quibble. I think it was a quality control issue in China

Send it back and any others bought in the same batch

RE: Overheating V70 beltpack
by laplayantonio on 2011-12-14 02:39:31

hello

please contact your Line6 dealer to have it replaced

Line6 is collecting those units showing such issues for examination, please explain your dealer if necessary

line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.