These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Can I transfer my UX2 Pod Farm license to an iLok Pod Farm license?
by nickw133 on 2011-12-13 17:30:43

Hi,

I bought a Line 6 UX2 interface with the included Pod Farm 2.5 software. When I got it, I registered the software license to the interface.

Now, a few months later I have an iLok and want to know if it's possible to register the software to that instead of the UX2 without having to buy Pod Farm again? The reason I ask is because I want to buy the Pod Farm platinum upgrade, but would prefer to have Pod Farm registered to my iLok so I don't have to take my interface around everywhere with me to use as an authorisation.

So if it's not possible to just change my registration, will it be possible to register Pod Farm platinum to my iLok when I do an upgrade? Or is the nature of the upgrade that I have to keep the lisence registered to my UX2 to be able to get the upgrade pricing?

Cheers,

Nick

Re: Can I transfer my UX2 Pod Farm license to an iLok Pod Farm license?
by BigChas52 on 2011-12-13 17:35:17

Sorry.  The nature of the upgrade is to upgrade on the same platform as the standard version.  There is also no way to transfer a Line 6 Hardware based license to iLok.

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-13 18:03:14

if you buy the platinum upgrade for your ux2, it will be hardware independent...

no ilok or device needed and you can authorize it in 4 places...

you don't really need the ilok version if that's all you want.

by nickw133 on 2011-12-13 18:04:47

Ah figured that was it. Thanks

by nickw133 on 2011-12-13 18:09:03

Really? I didn't realise the platinum version didn't need any hardware. So I can just have it installed on my computer and not need any anything to be connected to use it? Because with the standard version if I don't have my UX2 connected I can't use most of the models

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-13 18:25:29

they just started that with version 2.5 and the trick is it HAS to be a paid license...

so the license included with your UX2 required the UX2....

if you pay for the upgrade to platinum the new license will belong to your account and not the ux2...

which means you can use it with any interface.

this works if you pay for the standard version too... not just platinum.

by nickw133 on 2011-12-13 18:40:12

So this will still apply if I'm just buying the 199 dollar upgrade, its not exusive to actually buying platinum for 299? If so this is perfect, thanks heaps for the info

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-13 19:19:33

yeah... as long as you buy either version, you can use it hardware independently.

its only the included with your purchase versions... that are tied to the devices.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.