These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

spider 4 and mk2 shortboard,new,not changing banks
by woodyhunter on 2011-12-14 04:20:28

i bought a new amp and footswitch yesterday,came home hooked it all up and was great tone and sound,but when i try to use the footswticth to change baks up and down it didnt had to do it at the amp! it also does not seem to be switching from wah to volume either,how hard you need to push the pedal to get it to switch?

it does work the tap tempo,tuner,volume pedal only and turn individual effects on and off and switch between the 4 channels in each bank,just no reaction when i step on the up and down arrows(banks selection???)why is there no manual telling you how to navigate the user song and sound banks better? like a list of whats where at least!

thanks

btw they are the spider 4 hd150 and mk-2 shortboard!

Re: spider 4 and mk2 shortboard,new,not changing banks
by fflbrgst on 2011-12-14 05:47:02

Did you calibrate the shortboard?  Hook it up to Line6.com to get the latest firmware?

You can get the full user manual here:  http://line6.com/support/manuals/

by woodyhunter on 2011-12-14 06:17:35

no i did not do that typical usb cable work i guess? thanks

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-14 06:22:26

yeah, uses a standard USB AB cable... typically used on most printers...

think it comes with one as well...

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-14 06:23:48

on another note though...

you can't use the shortboard to navigate the artist/song presets etc if that's what you are trying to do...

if you want to access those, you need to save them to one of the user presets on the amp.

by woodyhunter on 2011-12-14 06:29:32

NO DIDNT COME WITH A CABLE.  I UNDERSTAND THE SONG ARTIST DEAL(SO I CANT SCROLL THOUGH THOSE?) BUT I CANT EVEN CHANGE THE USER BANKS IM PRETTY SURE,I WILL HAVE TO DBL CHECK TONITE,WISH I WAS THERE NOW U ARE A GREAT HELP THANKS

by TheRealZap on 2011-12-14 06:34:39

woodyhunter wrote:

NO DIDNT COME WITH A CABLE.  I UNDERSTAND THE SONG ARTIST DEAL(SO I CANT SCROLL THOUGH THOSE?)

you can't scroll through those with the foot pedal, but you can scroll through them on the amp... and then save the ones you like to a user location on the amp... then you will be able to select them from the footpedal.

oh yeah.... and the volume/wah switch can be a little hard to press... especially seated...

it gets easier after you do it a couple of times and get a feel for it.

by woodyhunter on 2011-12-14 08:56:20

WILL THE WAH MAKE A CLICK OR WILL I FEEL ANYTHING WHEN IT ACTIVATES? I KNOW THE LED SHOULD CHANGE,BUT IM PRESSING PRETTY DARN HARD AND NOTHING!

by fflbrgst on 2011-12-14 11:33:18

No, there is no 'click', like TheRealZap said, it takes some force - even standing up!  You can calibrate the Shortboard without being connected to the computer.   

FBV Shortboard MkII Calibration Steps

• Start with your FBV device not connected to any USB port or Line 6 device (and, therefore, powered "off").

• Press and hold down the "D" labeled footswitch while you "power on" your FBV (by connecting to your computer’s USB port or Line 6 device with which you plan on using your FBV). The LCD will read "CALIBRATE PEDAL" until the D footswitch is released, at which point it will read "1 PEDAL TOE".

• Press the on-board pedal forward fully and hold down pedal’s Toe Switch until the LCD changes to "2 PEDAL MIN". This should occur instantly.

• Move the pedal to the "heel" (minimum) position. While holding the pedal in the heel position, press & release the D button. The LCD will change to "3 PEDAL MAX".

• Move the pedal to the toe (maximum) position,

without

clicking the Toe Switch. Allow the pedal to rest in the toe position and press & release the D button. The LCD will change to "CHECK VALUE 127".

• Move the internal pedal and verify that the LCD reads "CHECK VALUE 0" in the minimum position and "CHECK VALUE 127" in the maximum position.

• If you happen to get different values than "0" or "127", then try repeating these calibration steps. If your values are correct, then calibration was successful - power off your FBV and power it back on and you are ready to go!

Standard USB cable for connecting (rectangle one end, square connector on the other) - Line 6 does not provide one with the pedals, for some reason.

by woodyhunter on 2011-12-15 07:01:36

hanks works fine now appreciate the help

by Line6david on 2011-12-20 16:07:53

Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.