These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Clicks and pops - desktop podhd via spdif to mbox 3 pro
by colavoce07 on 2011-12-22 23:09:21

I have created sessions at 44.1, 48, and 96

No matter which one I try using you can hear these wacky clicks and pops in the background of the recording and during playback as well.  Can't hear it when using analog pod headphones, but I hear it through mbox 3 monitor and headphones.  Of course I adjusted the output settings to reflect the session settings.  Tried two different brand new cables.  Is my pod hd bean faulty?  It happens for all tones!!!

It was very recently purchased.  Do I need an rma?

Have not tried USB yet.

Using osx 10.6.8 and protools 9

Re: Clicks and pops - desktop podhd via spdif to mbox 3 pro
by Rowbi on 2011-12-23 00:18:26

try USB.

this would rule out whether it's the POD or the M-Box.... although not totally, as it could be the POD's SPDIF output... but just try the POD direct to your PC using USB.  you'll need the POD USB driver installed, which you can download form the downloads link at the top of this page.

by meambobbo on 2011-12-23 11:09:47

i connect my pod hd to my audio interface using spdif.  i don't really notice pops and clicks from the Pod's guitar sound, but sometimes when I playback audio it'll have clicks.  If I pause playback and then try again, they go away.  Not sure what the deal is with that.

Have you tried increasing the audio buffer on your interface?

by Line6Don on 2011-12-29 09:38:25

I agree with meambobbo, try adjusting your buffer size to see if that is what is causing the clicks and pops. Trying USB as well to try and isolate the problem is a good idea as well.

I feel this is most likely a SPDIF sync issue, make sure the M-Box is set to external sync other wise you will get clicks and pops in the audio, which are clock sync errors. Then you will need to make sure and set the POD to the same sample rate as your DAW's sessions sampling rate.

RE: Clicks and pops - desktop podhd via spdif to mbox 3 pro
by Line6Tony on 2012-01-03 14:27:01

Hello. We haven’t heard back from you, so we're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. With us talking via the ticket, I will mark this thread answered.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.