These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Usb Problem
by jani_verita on 2011-12-26 00:26:28

I can't connect my podx3 live to my computer via usb. I tried 3 different computers, drivers installed cable is ok. I think that problem in usb on pod. How can i fix it.

Service center is not option, because there is no line 6 service center in Kazakhstan.

If you can tell me exact model of usb chip i can change it by myself.

Re: Usb Problem
by Kneehow on 2011-12-29 17:43:36

I'm sorry to hear about your situation... where in Kazakhstan did you purchase your POD X3 from? Did you purchase it new and if so, when?

In the past, I've directed another customer in your country to our contact in Kazakhstan:

Samat Show Technics Ltd

88, Karasai Batyr Street

050012 Almaty

Kazakhstan

Tel : +7 727 2582368

by jani_verita on 2011-12-30 23:25:37

I found usb chip which is used in pod x3 live. i have only one question. Does it need programming or i can just change it and it will work again?

I've purchased it from friend.  He purchased pod x3 live in USA  2010 year. Price of sending pod to USA is too high, so i rather buy new pod hd. But because of problems whis this pod it dont whant to buy a new one.

All works fine but this usb problem is bad for reputation of line6 in my opinion. And company politics of no helping for people who cant get unit to service is wrong, your company will just lose clients.

Thanks for answer. maybe i could get help in Samat Show Technics. if not, it will be sad.

by birro on 2012-01-03 13:03:31

Hey Jani. I'm from Brazil and I do understand your worry about being away from the U.S.A. and away from a service repair center.

Let's try a thing but PLEASE don't think of opening the unit sending it to a technician. I'm 90% sure that it's a Windows problem. The drivers are tricky to be installed I had lots of problems at my first Line6 XT Live, than I got it.

Which Windows are you using? Have you tried a different USB cable?

Please follow these instructions carefully:

1) Uninstall ALL drivers from Line 6 from your computer. Do it with the USB cable unplugged

2) Turn off your computer (to clean up RAM memory, very important if it's Windows XP)

3) Download the Drivers:http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4143

4)Install the drivers (please, keep the USB unplugged!!! Don't plug it!)

5) Almost at the end of the installation, the software will ask you to plug it. IMPORTANT: at the END of the installation

6) Read carefully: Turn OFF (power off) your POD. Plug the cable on a different USB port on your computer (don't use the USB you're used to plug. Use another one for Microsoft Windows litterally install a new driver). Plug it with the POD Turned Off.

Note: It's dumb but a usb driver installed for a USB port #1, won't work on USB #2 for example. So if you have removed the USB drivers, even if Windows hasn't deleted the driver for any reason, using a different USB port may help you.

7) Computer USB plugged? POD USB plugged? Turn the POD On

8) Wait to check if the unit will be recognized by your computer (Windows 7 will let you know in about 10-30 seconds with a message nearby your clock)

Good luck and let us know the results! But please let's try everything before sending it to a technician and possibly losing your warranty or getting new problems.

PS: if you don't make it work please reply and tell us. I still have another different tip for you but these 8 steps may be useful. If they don't work we're gonna try another ones

by jani_verita on 2012-01-04 00:29:13

Thanks for aswer but, pc cant see device. no sound of pluging usb. its not a driver problem, there is no signal from usb port on pod x3 live. its port or usb chip problem. I tried many different cables, i tried many different computers. When in past, i plugged device it was always sounded like usb device is connected to pc. other usb devices works normal, but pod does not work.

by Line6david on 2012-01-10 11:28:33

Hi,

If the X3 will not connect to multiple computers then it does need to go to an authorized service center for repair. I would suggest contacting the service center Perry suggested:

Samat Show Technics Ltd

88, Karasai Batyr Street

050012 Almaty

Kazakhstan

Tel : +7 727 2582368

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by Line6Don on 2012-01-10 11:29:31

As Line6Perry mentioned above, we suggest that you have Samat Show Technics Ltd take a look at the unit for you. They should have access to the correct schematics and parts need to repair your POD X3 Live.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.