These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD Pro output drops
by FerryZ on 2011-12-26 13:43:08

Hello,

I bought a POD HD Pro a few days ago. I played around with it but I keep experience output drops (SPDIF and line out).

After a restart I have about 1 minute sound and then it drops.

I found out that if I switch to some patches(country slapback)  the sound pops in again, while switching to other patches(heavy chords) sound drops again.

I switched between firmware 1.30 and 1.40 but makes no difference.

I also found out that if I set SPDIF to dry out (instead of matched) sound comes back, but dry of course.

Please help me solve this. Or could this be a faulty unit?

Regards,

Paul

Re: POD HD Pro output drops
by glenneke on 2011-12-26 14:50:57

1.Have you tried to listen with a headphone on pod pro? 2. I have read that some users also having problems with SPDIF connections and that it is advised to try usb. 3. About the line out, if your cables are solid they normally have to work. 4. i also have experienced a short sound drop out of my pod once but after switching presets it was working back normally.

One thing i can say is try to play with the inputs and outputs on the device. Turn the pod on and off couple times. try other cables. Wait a day and see how thing's are going, if that doesn't work i suggest to take it back to the shop for repair.

by FerryZ on 2011-12-28 12:10:35

Thanks for the tips. Disconnected everything but the USB cable. Reinstalled the driver and reinstalled the latest firmware. Changed spdif settings in my audio interface (pod is master now). Everything is working great so far!

by Line6david on 2012-01-03 14:42:08

Hi,

If you are using SPDIF then the POD will have to be set to master for the unit to sync correctly. It sounds like you should be good to go. Did everything work fine over the weekend?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

RE: POD HD Pro output drops
by Line6Don on 2012-01-09 15:05:02

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.