These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 75: It's not as loud as it used to be
by guitargodkpy on 2011-12-27 07:58:44

I've had my Spider IV 75 watt amp for 2 years now, I love the tones no matter what my friends say, but a problem has just arisen. Last night my amp was working just fine, but then I turned it on this morning and the sound output is not as loud as it used to be now. The amp used to be able to get really loud, but now it doesn't get loud enough. I turn the volume onto the highest it can go and it still sounds like it's only in the 10o'clock position. I really need help with this, I have to play a show with this amp tomorrow and we'll have to cancel if I don't solve this problem. Many thanks!

Re: Spider IV 75: It's not as loud as it used to be
by fflbrgst on 2011-12-27 10:56:02

Have you tried a factory reset?  Hold the 'A' button in while turning the power to the amp on and hold for another 5-10 seconds.

Note this will reset all the User Presets to the factory originals, so you will want to back those up by using Spider Edit.

Re: Spider IV 75: It's not as loud as it used to be
by Line6Tony on 2011-12-29 10:39:31

If the reset didn't help, then only a technician at an authorized service center can diagnose and repair this issue. They can be found at http://line6.com/service_centers/style="font-size: 10.0pt; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif';">. It has a one year warranty; you'd provide a copy of your receipt to the service center for warranty service.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.