These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Connecting pocket pod to my laptop
by EwanAllan on 2011-12-27 18:44:21

Hi,

When I connect my PPod to my laptop I get noise. Not feedback, not static, just noise. It's like something is turned up too loud. (Or like electrical interference!) But as far as I can see nothing is. Pocket Pod volume is at 3. All amp (Fender 15G) settings are at/near zero (well, one actually - there is no zero).

I can play great until I want to connect laptop. As soon as I touch the usb connection on the PPod, I get the increase (dont even have to plug it in, just touch).

Any thoughts?

Don't remember this being the case on day one, but day two! So I am hoping I have a setting wrong.

Re: Connecting pocket pod to my laptop
by EwanAllan on 2011-12-27 19:24:03

Not sure this is a question worth asking anymore.

It would seem that I have a ground earth issue.

If I unplug the power source to my laptop, and run on battery we are all good.

I think I can live with that for now.

Cheers,

Re: Connecting pocket pod to my laptop
by Line6Don on 2011-12-30 08:19:13

You are correct this is a grounding issue caused by the laptop power adaptor. Sometimes changing power outlets can help, or connecting the laptop power to a clean power supply/conditioner of some sort can reduce the hum. The other solution is to keep the laptop running off of the battery when connecting the Pocket POD to the computer.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.