These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Transferring of Licenses to Offline Mac Running OSX 10.3.9
by nestsoundstudio on 2011-12-29 08:37:02

Hi there,

I recently purchased a used POD XT Pro, and I want to purchase the Metal Pack expansion pack. I am currently using a Mac G4 Quicksilver with Mac OSX 10.3.9 Panther in my studio (I choose not to upgrade the OS for very specific reasons). I want to use the Metal Pack licenses offline on this computer. I have been unable to install the License Manager or Line 6 Monkey on this machine.

I also have a MacBook running OSX 10.4 Tiger, that I use only for certain 3rd party applications. I am able to install the License Manager and Monkey on this computer. I could take this computer out to my studio and plug it in to the XT Pro, however, I don't want to have to lug this laptop to my studio just to allow it to use the licenses when I record.

So is there anyway that I can download and install the Metal Pack using my laptop (Mac 10.4) with the License Manager, and then somehow transfer the licenses to my studio computer (Mac 10.3.9)? Is there an older version of Line 6 Monkey will work in Mac OSX 10.3.9 that I can transfer the licenses with? Or do I strictly have to use the new License Manager software to transfer the licenses? Once again, I want to use the Metal Pack with my XT Pro offline.

I know it sounds confusing. I just can't afford to upgrade my studio computer to Mac 10.4 or else I would have to invest thousands upgrading ProTools.

Thanks. Your support is VERY MUCH appreciated.

Re: Transferring of Licenses to Offline Mac Running OSX 10.3.9
by BigChas52 on 2011-12-29 08:50:28

If you only want to install the licenses to your XT Pro, then what you are describing will work.  If you also want to use the license with POD Farm, then you will need to have your studio computer online.

by nestsoundstudio on 2011-12-29 09:07:12

So what you're saying is that I can download and install Metal Pack with my 10.4 laptop USB'd into the XT Pro, and then I can take the XT Pro back to my studio (Mac 10.3.9) and Metal Pack amps will still be on the XT Pro? I'm not interested in using POD Farm at this time.

by BigChas52 on 2011-12-29 09:09:07

You actually install the model packs to your XT Pro, not to the laptop.  You only run Line 6 Monkey on the laptop to install the model pack to the XT Pro.

by nestsoundstudio on 2011-12-29 09:30:55

I bought the pack, and still couldn't see the models. So I restarted the POD....

And everything works great!!

THANK YOU

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.