These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Pod X3 Pro + Pod Farm
by samclarke666 on 2011-12-29 16:06:17

Hi all

I bought a Pod X3 pro off a friend, which came with the ful version of Pod farm, platinum i believe.

I want to use pod farm in my DAW as a VST, i've done this before when i had a UX1 a long time ago, but my question is, how do i get pod farm to work standalone with the X3 pro? at the moment when i have PF open, the sound's coming out of the pod aswell as through pod farm in my DAW, i'd like to just use PF, so i can save presets, and i prefer the interface. Is there a way to disable the X3 from playing and just use it as an interface, for recording purposes?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance

Sam

Re: Pod X3 Pro + Pod Farm
by matisq on 2011-12-29 23:51:09

Generally you can't use POD Farm with POD X3 in standalone mode.

What I would do - try to lower volume on POD X3 pro of your patch and use POD Farm sound. This should work i think.

by samclarke666 on 2011-12-30 03:13:43

Matisq, easy as that? Never thought of doing that! haha! Thanks for your help, i will try it later

by Line6Hugo on 2012-01-04 17:37:46

Actually, you can use the POD X3 as the interface in POD Farm 2.51.  I'm assuming that's the version you are using.

What you need to do is first disable the hardware monitoring so that you do not hear the processing from the POD itself.  This can be changed within the Line 6 Audio-MIDI devices utility in your computer's control panel.  Go to the Inputs & Recording tab and turn down the POD X3 Hardware monitor level.  Then, in POD Farm 2.51's preferences for hardware, select Record inputs 7/8 from the POD X3 Pro.  In doing so, this will send a dry signal into POD Farm 2.51 and you will only hear the processed signal of POD Farm.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

RE: Pod X3 Pro + Pod Farm
by Line6Don on 2012-01-11 17:24:11

Line6Hugo's answer above is correct. I have marked the answer that is correct for your question, please help out the community by marking other suggestions that were helpful to you as "Helpful Answer".

If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

For more information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.