These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

does anyone else think so?
by chrisraef on 2011-12-29 18:48:08

So i've been playing around with the cab models in my HD500 and I found myself using none.

in my hearing it sounds so much better. does anyone else think so? would it work out in the long run without a cab for live rigs through the PA?

for example the blackface deluxe amp with no cab sounds good.....

please someone discuss this with me. thanks!

Re: does anyone else think so?
by silverhead on 2011-12-29 19:42:36

Depends on your output mode. If you are using one of the Live Output modes on the HD500 and routing its output into a guitar amp's input, then you don't want to use a cab/mic selection and you want to use the PRE (not FULL) amp model in the HD500.

If you are going direct to PA then you likely want to use the FULL amp model with a cab/mic selection in the HD500.

Re: does anyone else think so?
by meambobbo on 2011-12-30 18:36:50

yeah, as far as going direct to a PA or DAW, this approach might work for clean tones, but it will sound horrible for distorted tones.

but if you're plugging into a guitar amp with a speaker designed for a guitar amp, using "no cab" or an output mode other than Studio/Direct is the ideal way to do it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.