These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX1 sound cutting out randomly
by Stick636 on 2012-01-04 03:42:02

I bought a Line 6 UX1 for Christmas, and it's pretty good. The only problem I am having is that the sound occassionally cuts out from it, and then quickly returns in 1-3 seconds. This is a real problem, especially when trying to record things, because my laptop acts as if the stutter never even existed, and so the recording goes completely out of sync with the rest of the music.

I have updated all of the drivers for the device, as well as my laptop, and it made no difference. I have also tried different leads for the line in to no avail.

The system I am using is a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with Windows 7, and I am connecting the UX1 to it via the USB that came with it. The system's sound itself is absolutely fine, but the sound from the UX1 itself keeps cutting out every so often.

Help would be appreciated.

Re: UX1 sound cutting out randomly
by Stick636 on 2012-01-07 04:17:44

Seriously? Nobody's got any help whatsoever?

by Kneehow on 2012-01-16 11:05:06

It's most likely a background Windows 7 process that is competing for CPU resources that's causing the issue. Even an Anti-Virus scan can manifest itself in the symptom of dropped audio streaming via USB.

There are a lot of hidden tasks that Microsoft has automatically turned on with Windows 7. You can actually go in and disable unneeded processes to improve audio recording experience. We've created a video tutorial series specifically for Windows 7 users on this here: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2085

by Stick636 on 2012-01-19 13:18:16

Thanks very much! I'll watch through these videos now, and test out my UX1 as soon as I can.

by Stick636 on 2012-01-21 12:43:07

Well, thanks a lot. I watched the videos, and disabled a couple of things on Windows 7, and the problem has been greatly reduced almost to the point where it's unnoticable. It's also a lot less frequent. Must've been the CPU getting hogged by other processes that Windows 7 was using. Thanks a bunch!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.