These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

pod farm transfered model packs no longer on my account
by robthebiggerman on 2012-01-04 04:24:06

Good evening,

I bought my kb37 second hand and it came with a few model packs in pod farm, since updating drivers these have disapeared and have all gone blank and cannot be used with in Pod farm, see image below for example.

podfarmmissing models.jpg

I do not understand why these have disapeared of my account, i have not purchased any model pack but they were transfered to me with the purchase of the KB37. Please help. let me know if any more information is required.

Cheers

Re: pod farm transfered model packs no longer on my account
by Triryche on 2012-01-04 06:49:50

Did the seller "gift" these to your account?

From this Doc:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2277">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2277">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2277

I can’t use my licenses anymore. What happened?

Please understand that only the account that purchased the licenses will be able to access the licenses, regardless of who has the device containing the licenses.  If you can’t access this account, you won’t be able to access the licenses contained within it.

For instance, if someone bought a Metal Shop license and assigned it with Line 6 Monkey to his POD XT, then later connected his friend’s POD XT Live to Monkey and allowed that unit to use the model pack, his friend will now no longer be able to use Metal Shop because his friend’s account was not used to make the purchase. The owner would have to “gift” the model pack’s store order to his friend’s account (see how to “gift” below).

Another case is a father using his Line 6 account to buy a model pack for his daughter. He’d have to “gift” the purchase to her account for her to have access to the model pack.

Another scenario involves licenses purchased online. Line 6 is the only authorized seller of licenses for use with Line 6 devices. If you purchased Line 6 licenses from anywhere other than the Line 6 website, the licenses were originally purchased using a Line 6 user account other than your own and the licenses have reverted to that account. The account owner would have to “gift” the store order to you in order for you to use the licenses you purchased from that individual. Line 6 plays no part in this situation.

What if I sell my device? What happens to my licenses?

If you intended to sell your licenses with the device, then you can “gift” the relevant store order(s) to the buyer.

If you didn’t intend to sell your licenses with the device, when the buyer runs the License Manager and logs in, it will prompt him to authorize the hardware, which will remove the device authorization from your account and restore the licenses for use with your account.

How do I “gift” a store order?

Log in to your Line 6 account, visit the Purchase History page, and click the Details link for the order.  Click the link/button labeled "gift", then enter the destination Line 6 account username and click confirm.  The order will still show in your account history, but you will not have access to the license(s) from the order, be able to return it, or be able to gift it again. The giftee's account will display the order on the Purchase History page, but not be able to return or gift it.  The account holder will have access to all the license(s) in the order. 

by robthebiggerman on 2012-01-04 19:54:21

Thanks for the fast reply, sorry for not useing the correct termanology, the packs were gifted to my account when i purchased the device second hand, they were part of the package on ebay that i paid for, I live in Austrailia the other bloke was in England so the swapping of divices and accounts is not whats happened. I have been using them for years, now they have disapeared with the latest update Ive done.

by Triryche on 2012-01-04 21:11:15

That's the thing though, the "gift" option was not available for years.

It was only possible with the release of the Line6 License Manager on 6/023/2011.

So the original owner may not even have a Line6 device currently, but the license(s) are in his/her account.

If you purchased this before that date, the only way to get full ownership of the licenses would have been for the seller to surrender all his/her Line6 account credentials to you.

The seller likely sold the device to you in good interest with the model packs as prior to the license manager the licenses were tied to the device.

by robthebiggerman on 2012-01-04 23:34:16

thank you, that answers the question, so when I've done the update with the licence manager I lost use of all the packs that were tied to the device even though i payed for them with it at the time 2nd hand. So what now though, i have no contact with the seller it was like 5 years ago and hes on the other side of the world, I would have been better of not updating and staying of line.

by Triryche on 2012-01-05 06:02:41

I would post a new question with a link to this thread. An official Line6 rep may be able to help you further depending on what they see on their end.

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-05 06:19:23

technically the original owner was not able to sell the licenses as they were 100% not transferable at the time...

the fact that he left them on the device is the only reason you were able to use them...

technically although tied to and authorized for use on the hardware the licenses ALWAYS belonged to his user account...

keep in mind line6 never got a nickel of your money... so getting upset with line6 isn't really fair...

and the previous owner probably didn't know the specifics... so they certainly didn't intend to do you wrong...

in my experience support will make a reasonable effort to accomodate you...

so just hang tight.

by robthebiggerman on 2012-01-11 16:57:19

Gday,

Thanks for your responses.

Im not upset with line6, and i understand the situation. I was just in a groove with all my presets in the studio now ive got next to nothing and if i have shell out more money for software I may aswell get something newer. I love line6 and thier products (I have many just not registered for fear of this kind of stuff happening) and i know now the guy years ago couldnt at the time "really" sell me the packs but im not goin to pay for them twice. Im left disillusioned and cripled musically at the moment, i just want to continue enjoying making music with this equiptment.

thanks again

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-11 17:16:45

support would probably help you out... it will just take patience...

they may never read this now, because it is marked as answered....

you might repost it just to get their attention....

it's there call, i cant say they will or will not restore anything for you...

but i'd certainly ask the question... whats it hurt?

by robthebiggerman on 2012-01-11 20:55:34

Cheers will do.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.