These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Problems installing the Pod Studio UX2
by am5465 on 2012-01-04 08:12:29

I just received this in the mail and am attempting to set it up.  However, I can't seem to get the drivers for the device off of any of the included software.  I tried all of the discs except the Riffworks disc, though I assume that's the disc least likely to have the proper drivers.  I also attempted to download drivers from the website but I can't seem to locate the driver through the installation process after downloading it.

My computer's disc drive is iffy: I tend not to use it since it tends to make a lot of noise and I'm unsure of whether or not it even reads discs properly anymore.  I just spend the money to buy this and really want to get it set up, so I need all the help I can get...

Re: Problems installing the Pod Studio UX2
by Triryche on 2012-01-04 08:39:27

First unistall anything Line6 related with the Line6 unistaller tool.

Then go here to down load the newest drivers and the Line6 Monkey:

http://line6.com/software/

From">http://line6.com/software/">http://line6.com/software/

Fromthe drop downs select POD Studio UX2 - Drivers - and your OS (which you didn't mention).

Run the driver installer file. DO NOT plug in the POD Studio until prompted to.

After installing the drivers run the Line6 Monkey.

Finally run the license manager to authorize your device.

by am5465 on 2012-01-05 07:24:11

I actually ended up looking through and finding the setup video which helped immensely.  Unfortunately I didn't see this reply until afterward haha.  Thank you for your help!  Now if only I could get Cubase to record while using my UX2...

by Triryche on 2012-01-05 11:24:39

Are you selecting Line6 ASIO as your device in Cubase?

by am5465 on 2012-01-05 11:29:35

Yes I am.  I can record now, but it's a little flakey.  I can't listen to playback while I'm in Monitor mode, and when I record I don't see all of the information that I play.  It seems to show me the soundwaves (the digital information of the music: idk the technical term) of parts that I play more loudly than others, the rest of it is there but not really "visible".  I'm not sure why

by Triryche on 2012-01-05 12:52:31

My guess is you may be trying to monitor thru your pc speakers, you need to connect your monitoring solution directly to the UX analog outs or headphones.

Also, you need to configure what you are sending cubase.

I typical workflow is to send the dry guitar while you monitor the wet and then add the POD Farm plug-in after recording.

by am5465 on 2012-01-05 15:25:25

I'm monitoring through a set of external powered multimedia speakers, which I have connected using a 1/8"-to-1/4" adapter through the UX2's headphone jack.

Idk what the second part of your reply means...  I don't have Pod Farm open while I play in Cubase: I simply play whatever through Cubase.  I'm not even close to editing or anything like that, I'm just trying to get things up and running smoothly.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.