These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500 - No sound at all when plugged in via USB
by guetaminute on 2012-01-04 11:54:52

I just got a new POD HD500 and I hooked it up to a new computer. I've installed all drivers and flashware and I have Edit running right now, but there's no sound coming from my headphones. They are plugged in to the pod with an adaptor into phones, and still I hear nothing. The pod and Edit are working fine, but I just hope this isn't an issue with my pod in particular.

Re: POD HD500 - No sound at all when plugged in via USB
by silverhead on 2012-01-04 12:19:01

Just to diagnose a bit more.........

Were (are) you hearing sound from the headphones when your HD500 is not connected to your computer?

by guetaminute on 2012-01-04 12:26:58

Yes, and even when I plug it into the pod, I hear a little sound indicating that the headphones are working with the pod, or, at least that's what I hope it means.

by guetaminute on 2012-01-04 13:00:46

So I can listen to videos on YT and everything perfectly fine with the headphones connected to the POD. The problem is the guitar isn't making any sound, but everything else is.

by silverhead on 2012-01-04 13:26:32

Have you checked your preset to make sure that Guitar is selected as an Input?

by guetaminute on 2012-01-04 13:35:51

Never mind, I just selected random presets and now I can hear my guitar. Thanks for everything, though.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.