These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Cubase won't record or playback, using UX2, help!
by am5465 on 2012-01-05 07:14:52

I recently received and set up a Line 6 UX2.  It works fine: I can hear my guitar play through Pod Farm 2, I can even hear my guitar play through Cubase while Monitor mode is on.  I followed the guides I've read and set up 2 Stereo bus's and 4 Mono bus's, and doing so caused the program to be able to recognize I was playing guitar (the blue meter that indicates sound input increases whenever I play, which it was not doing before I edited the bus's and the ASIO).  However, I still cannot record an audio track.  I can't even play an imported audio track back through Cubase.  I've tried to find answers but I'm pretty new to this entire process and I'm not sure where I should go from here...  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I could really use all the help I can get.

Re: Cubase won't record or playback, using UX2, help!
by TheRealZap on 2012-01-05 07:17:21

you have to select the audio interface in cubase, its seperate from pod farm.

make sure that you select the line6 ASIO driver and make sure the input and output are the same.

by am5465 on 2012-01-05 07:20:59

the Line 6 ASIO UX2 driver is the driver I have selected through the Device Setup option.  The input says Stereo In and the Output says Stereo Out.  I'm not sure if the interface is "selected" but I mean the driver is set up.  It's like I said, Cubase does recognizing that I'm playing through the interface since the Audio Activity bars light up blue when i strum the guitar.  Just can't get anything recorded...

by am5465 on 2012-01-05 09:12:51

UPDATE: I seem to be able to record audio, with a few exceptions.  I can record audio either with Monitor Mode turned on or off, but I cannot hear the playback if Monitor mode is left on after recording.  Also, I'm unable to see any of the sound waves (the information one would see digitally while recording something: I don't know the technical term for it) unless I strum very hard or if I am clipping.

An unrelated issue I seem to be having is that my speakers pop every few seconds while i record.  I believe this may be due to the level of output while playing, though I'm unsure of how to fix it.

Any suggestions regarding either issue?  I know the first issue isn't as big a deal now that I can record, but I would like to be able to see that information to edit it in the future...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.