These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Lots of strange problems with the Line6 UX2.
by Spoonmagnets on 2012-01-07 07:04:53

I purchased the ux2 back in June 2011. I'm using it with a toshiba satallite labtop with windows 7 that I purchased in January 2011. Both are in very good working condition and I maintain them very well. However; last night while recording some things with a few friends the ux2 crashed on me. First it recorded my vocals extremely loud, then completely ceased to work. All I heard was white noise from the input, and when I tried to playback the tracks we recorded it sounded like it was a very crackly radio station. (Note that the ux2 had been plugged into my laptop, and the laptop and audio program were on for at least 20 hours already). I unplugged it, scanned my computer for viruses and all that and found nothing. Upon waking up the next morning I tried to see if it was just a glitch, but when I plugged it into my laptop my external stereo speakers started picking up a radio frequency from some kind of catholic news channel. When I unplug the ux2 usb port all sound stops. When I just unplug the stereo, I get a bunch of clicking sounds from the my laptop speakers. I've uninstalled/reinstalled/updated the ux2 driver for it with no luck. I've made sure that all the usb ports work correctly, and I even tried installing the driver on 2 different computers and still I have the same issue, so I'm positive the problem is with the ux2 itself and not my laptops/computers. When I try to record anything now, the podfarm, and my audio interface (Cubase 6) just pick up a lot of white noise,clipping, and that radio channel from the ux2 even if I have no mics or guitars plugged into it. This white noise problem happened once before about a month after I purchased it, and the problem was resolved simply by not using the ux2 for a few hours it's been about 8 hours and it still continues to not function properly. I'm curious as to what I should do to resolve this problem, and if anybody else has ever had issues like this. Thanks

Re: Lots of strange problems with the Line6 UX2.
by Spoonmagnets on 2012-01-09 07:45:06

I still haven't heard anything from line6, any help would be appreciated.

by Spoonmagnets on 2012-01-12 14:27:36

Still nothing.

by Line6Don on 2012-01-20 10:31:27

Based on the troubleshooting steps you have reported as trying already, it seems as though the problem is with the UX2 hardware unfortunately. Trying it with mulitple computers that are correcty setup with the with current Line 6 drivers and still having a problem, indicates that the problem is most likely the UX2 hardware.

The last thing to try is all of the suggestions on the USB Audio trouble shooting document to see if there are any alterations to the computer you can make to restore the audio:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4282

RE: Lots of strange problems with the Line6 UX2.
by Line6Hugo on 2012-01-27 11:52:43

Hello,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.