These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Studio UX2 pops and crackles with new PC
by Tragopogon on 2012-01-07 15:08:26

Hi there, recently i had a  chance to upgrade my PC.

My old specs: win XP 32bit, pentium 4, 1gb ram (works perfectly)

My new specs: win 7 ultimate 64 bit, Core i5 750, 2x2gb ram (ga-p55-us3l motherboard)

The trouble: pops and crackles, every time but silence, mostly on piano music (maybe thats somehow  related to frequency of piano sound).

What i tried:

Everything has been proposed by support members on this forum. I have optimized my system, adjusted buffer size. changed usb ports, different drivers. I even tried another usb controller. Different operating systems, like XP(32\64bis). Still the same result.

But when i tried set my bios settings and turned off 2 of 4 cpu cores - sound was smooth and clear. Then i turned on it back - pops and crackles strikes my ears again.

And there is not the only problem, when all 4 cores is turned on there is small chance that soundcard will stop working. Only reboot helping with this issue.

I dont want to keep 2 of 4 cpu cores off for resolve this problem.

What should I do with this? Should i wait for a new drivers?

Thank you for your attention.

Re: Studio UX2 pops and crackles with new PC
by Tragopogon on 2012-01-20 12:22:31

Actually i would like some answers. If you dont mind.

Thanks.

Re: Studio UX2 pops and crackles with new PC
by Tragopogon on 2012-01-27 11:18:20

Whats wrong with you, guys?

RE: Studio UX2 pops and crackles with new PC
by Line6Hugo on 2012-01-27 16:05:51

Tragopogon,

I have opened a support ticket since you mentioned that you have tried everything we have suggested in other threads.

Please use the following link to view your support ticket:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.