These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Recording on my computer with Spider Jam ?
by Chadorok on 2012-01-08 08:23:32

Hi. I own a Line 6 SpiderJam with a FBV Express MK2 footboard.
I would like to record, and already tried with the "Pod-Quality Direct/Recording Out"  output on the back of the device, using a cable to connect it to the Microphone output of my computer, and recording it with Audacity, but the sound quality is really lame and saturated. Is there any way to have a proper quality-recording without investing hundreds of euros in a professional device ? I thought about PODs or BackTrack, but I want to keep my amplifier, because I have all my personal tones in it. Any idea ? Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer.

Re: Recording on my computer with Spider Jam ?
by daydreamin7677 on 2012-01-08 09:40:41

Have you tried to just record on your amp its self and then transfer your recordings via the SD card to your computer then upload them into audacity.

by Chadorok on 2012-01-08 10:20:30

Hi and thanks. Yes, I tried, and it works fine, but I would like to know if there was any way to do it in real time. Would it for example be possible to connect my amp to a TonePort ?

by laplayantonio on 2012-01-12 03:12:39

sure, you could plug the Jam's Line Outs to the Line INs of a UX2

line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.