These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

External midi bpm tempo available for HD500?
by CthulhuChaos on 2012-01-09 20:45:34

I use ableton live to midi sync my external delays and other rack units to bmp tempo. Can I send a signal via MIDI cable to a global or specific channel (I use ch1 for this) to have all the delays modulate based on tempo changes?

I'm looking at buying a HD500. I record direct now and use amplitube, but hate fiddling with a mouse while trying to jam. I am planning to go guitar -> sansamp para di -> mixer (recorded direct) and HD500 (recorded "dirty" via spdif outputs at 24bit 96k)

I have the original POD and a DL-4, if you could help me out with this specific question, I'll surely be buying another one

edit... never mind, read other discussions and also see a 1.40 firmware update solves any issues. sold! (once i have hte monies)

Re: External midi bpm tempo available for HD500?
by gregr on 2012-01-09 20:58:21

As far as I can tell you can only adjust the tap tempo rate through sending periodic CC messages just as you would tapping your foot on the HD500 itself.

Re: External midi bpm tempo available for HD500?
by CthulhuChaos on 2012-01-09 21:07:32

I can handle tapping a tempo manually. Ableton sends a signal for the initial bpm. If the bpm changes within a song, another signal is sent.

It looks like it can handle an external tempo so i should be set. I have a DL-4 so I'm used to tapping tempos

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.