These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

The display on my POD XT LIVE has gone blank.
by Jet400a on 2009-05-12 08:06:00

The display on my POD XT LIVE has gone blank save the orange led display and I can no longer get any sound, is there a fix for this? Seems like the software has disapeared!!!

Re: The display on my POD XT LIVE has gone blank.
by toneman2121 on 2009-05-12 09:38:00

how to resolve a blank screen on a PODxt LIVE  If you are getting a blank screen on your PODxt LIVE please try the following steps.     1. Turn off the POD  2. Turn on the POD while holding down the Save and Edit buttons simultaneously  3. The POD's LCD screen should display Init Edit Buffer  4. Push the Output mode button  5. Turn the Select / Select Page knob one click to the right  6. Turn the Effect Tweak / Change Value knob to the left or right adjusting the contrast.     If it does not solve the issue. Please consult an authorized Line 6 Service Center.

by ChaChing on 2009-05-12 16:43:00

Hi,

In that case, try a safe mode reflash. Power the unit on while holding the first soft key. This should load into safe mode...in your case, you may not see this in the display. Still, connect the XT to your computer and run Line 6 Monkey. Select 'Flash Memory' and click either 'Update Selection' or 'Reinstall Latest,' whichever you see. Once complete, try using the XT again.

If this does not help you will need to take this to an authorized service center. You can find one here: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/.

Thanks

Line6Sach

by AngelUK on 2009-05-29 04:40:09

Hi Line6Sach.

I've tried to do as you've instructed as my POD XT Live has lost the display.  Unfortunately as you can probably gather, it didn't work.  I've tried contact the Line6 service centre in the UK but I don't get any answer and I'm sent round in a continuous loop.  You don't happen to know if there is another number I can use or you can put me in touch with someone.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

by PRGustavson on 2009-07-26 06:24:38

I hand no success with any fix at home, and I've basically given up on Line 6. I've never used my XT Live outside my home, and even then rarely.  I've had it since a few months after they were put on the marked. It's been into the shop once under warranty. Now it's dead. I was told by Line 6 that it would cost $100 for a repair if not under warranty. The thing is just not worth it if it's going to keep breaking down. How could I trust it at a gig? I keep it in a Line 6 bag, under my desk. How could it be abused? It's hardly ever been used. What a waste of money. I'll never buy Line 6 again!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.